active and happy jw

by scumgrief 151 Replies latest jw friends

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

gee scum...now you can see how happy and non judgemental antis are.

since your coming to this board you have been called and or assumed to be:

Ignorant
    and one who purposely ignores facts..

all of this in one post too....

• scumgrief
    scumgrief

Nelly, I'll see you there sometime. My old friend kind of went off the deep end. I haven't seem him since he was df'd. I wrote him a letter or 2 but haven't heard back. I miss him.

scum

• ballistic
    ballistic

scum, being disfellowshipped is like going off the deep end for anybody. When being disfellowshipped, it occurs to you...Would a loving God really treat good-hearted individuals this way?

• scumgrief
    scumgrief

Ballistic, I can't even imagine how hard being disfellowshipped would be. But I do think that it is appropriate in certain circumstances.

scum

• Farkel
    Farkel

: I will NOT get into any argumets that lead to nothing except name calling,

Funny, that's what dubs typically do when they are cornered with the facts.

: But I do look forward to some interesting discussions. Looking forward to talking with you.

Did the WTS come out of "Babylonish captivity" in 1919, or not? If so, what evidence can you show for that?

Farkel
    "Interesting Discussion" Class

"When in doubt, duck!"

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Scummy, don't get scared of us here. Some of the peeps like to 'ex-preach'. If you have something to say, say it, but if you are concerned about something you see in the congregation, just come here. People here have experienced all sorts of things. Most of the stories are sad, but there are a few triumphs.

Although we can refute doctrine, why waste time on it? We're out, and just should be loving people, and not be reverse shunning through subtle attacks on people who just want somewhere to go, because they are growing tired of some of the hypocrisy they see.

later,

ashi

• scumgrief
    scumgrief

I said: I will NOT get into any argumets that lead to nothing except name calling,

You said: Funny, that's what dubs typically do when they are cornered with the facts.

Don't stereotype, its offensive.

You said: Did the WTS come out of "Babylonish captivity" in 1919, or not? If so, what evidence can you show for that?

Off the top of my head...I don't know, but it isn't something that is to important to me either. I know that it was around the time that the head honchos at WTS were released from prison and the preaching work was able to get off the ground (if that is what you are referring to)

I like your personal icon! What me, worry?

• Farkel
    Farkel

: I said: I will NOT get into any argumets that lead to nothing except name calling,

So, who's calling any names?

: You said: Funny, that's what dubs typically do when they are cornered with the facts.

: Don't stereotype, its offensive.

What part of "typically" do you have a hard time understanding?

: You said: Did the WTS come out of "Babylonish captivity" in 1919, or not? If so, what evidence can you show for that?

: Off the top of my head...I don't know, but it isn't something that is to important to me either.

It is the foundation for the most fundamental JW doctrine: the FDS speaks for God. I'm surprised that you dismiss it so lightly.

: I know that it was around the time that the head honchos at WTS were released from prison and the preaching work was able to get off the ground (if that is what you are referring to)

It's much more significant than that.

: I like your personal icon! What me, worry?

Thanks!

Farkel

"When in doubt, duck!"

• joelbear
    joelbear

Hi scum

Welcome to the board. You sound like a reasonable and likeable person.

I think it will be great to have a positive voice representing the Watchtower and Jehovah's Witnesses in general.

take care

Joel

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

scumgrief:

You may want to check with Fredhall regarding the societies position on apostate message boards and chat rooms and participating in same. If in doubt, call the societies service desk in Brooklyn.

I am glad you are here, I just don't want to see you get in trouble with the organization or Jehovah.

Richard

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit