active and happy jw

by scumgrief 151 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Scumgrief,thats funny,and you don`t seem to be a pain in the ass.Welcome to the forum!...OUTLAW

• Xena
    Xena

Welcome Scumgrief! Personally I don't have a problem with someone being a JW if that makes them happy...lol...my problem is their having a problem with me no longer wanting to be a JW. If I can be nice to someone who is a JW and not shun them...hhhmmm wonder why they can't do the same..especially since they should be more Christlike than an apostate like me

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama

Scumgrief: I am also a happy JW. I am in a congregation that is very loving. Our body of elders are awesome and very loving. A few weeks ago I had a case of depression over my health and each one of them came to visit me on a different day. It was very comforting. I realize that they also have full days with work, their own families, the congregation, their own health etc. Oh there is always little problems in the congrations, but what is expected with the constant attacks from Satan and his forces. I always try to stick with Jehovah and don't expect from the brothers more that what Jehovah expects.

• DIM
    DIM

ask your brothers about the UN affiliation, yoyomama, and see how loving they are then. i'm sure BadWillie would be interested to see how your elder body reacts.

• scumgrief
    scumgrief

Hi YoYoMama, nice to hear from you. My congregatin sounds very much like yours. I'm glad to hear that your elders have helped you out so much. I have been going through a lot lately (my wife has major depression) and the elders have been great. I have a very loving congregation that helps me get through anything.

Our congregation has had a tough year. We've had many unexpected deaths (my best friend one of them) but we all really stick together. I couldn't do it without them.

Keep your head up!

scum

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama

Dim: I love the elders in my congregation and I appreciate their effort to help me through my illness. Why would you want me to argue with them over little things? Should I test their love? No, I am sure of their love and their genuine help. The UN thing is really no big deal. I'm sure Jehovah will give the correct guidance regarding it. Meanwhile I am concentrating in my own salvation.

• DIM
    DIM

"Meanwhile I am concentrating in my own salvation."

this seems to be the same reason why many inactive JW's have been coming back to the meetings after the events of 9/11/01. I understand your need for some sort of faith structure, but if you are so concerned about the truth, how can you just dismiss the UN situation?

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

"Meanwhile I am concentrating in my own salvation."

The real reason 99.9% of JWs stick with it despite the corruption, hypocrosy, etc. They are afraid of death. Thus if there is the slightest chance that the org is right that you "must be a JW or die" then they will bend over and take it over and over again praying that they are 'good enough' to live. They just pray the local elders use some lube(fake love) so at least it doesn't hurt too bad - a total fear-dominated system.

If love really drove them they wouldn't shun those who question their conduct, beleifs, etc.

YoYo just demonstrates his typical JW selfishness here, 'concentrating on his own salvation'.

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

"I'm sure Jehovah will give the correct guidance regarding it."

And if you really beleive that I have a bridge in Brooklyn I can sell you. Jehovah has never given any correct guidance to or through the WTBTS. Or perhaps you think allowing all those people to die instead of having a transplant was Jehovah's 'guidance'? The only guidance you will get is whatever a few very old white men VOTE to give you. No flahes of divine direction here, just a typical boardroom 2/3rds majority type voting system. How exactly is it that Jehovah works through a boardroom?

• scumgrief
    scumgrief

Hey guess what? Remember when I said I came here so I could write about comments that were off, some so much that they were hilarious? Well NameWitheld just made one! Congratulations!

"The real reason 99.9% of JWs stick with it despite the corruption, hypocrosy, etc. They are afraid of death. "

I'm not afraid of death. I'm sick of death. And I speak for 99.9% of jw's when I say that that is why we "stick with it".

scum

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit