active and happy jw

by scumgrief 151 Replies latest jw friends

• serenaj92
    serenaj92

Did Scum learn how controling his elders were? I asked him what his elders thought of him coming to this forum and got no answer. He said the elders don't tell him what to do, like with his music and rock band but now he isn't posting here anymore. What happened? Could we have been right about his congregation being like all the others?
    Geee, hope he didn't get into trouble

• Bill Parker
    Bill Parker

Hi Serenaj:
    Could it be that he has been given a few things to consider that never crossed his mind before? It might possibly be that he will have to have some time to digest some of the things he has learned on this board. We have given him a lot to chew on. The decisions he will have to make are for him alone to make. We all stand alone before "the Judgment seat of God" We will not be able to tell Him {Jehovah} "we didn't know this or that. Neither will he! Jehovah will know what we or he did or didn't do on the basis of the knowledge we possessed. If our lack of action is based on the fear of what man can do to us and our ignorance is because we chose not to believe the truth Jehovah will know that will he not? As for us we will continue I hope to point out all of the scriptural errors made by the Society. Let them do their worst. If they are not in error let them prove it by supplying all of the required "two or three witnesses" for each and every Bible interpretation that they set forth. If they really have the truth as they claim that will be an easy matter for them to do. They might begin this by showing from the Bible the "two or three witnesses" needed to support their interpretation of the scripture in 1 Thessalonians 5:1-3. As I have said before I'd love to see those witnesses. Without them it Bill Parker

• Bill Parker
    Bill Parker

is not worth it's salt.

• scumgrief
    scumgrief

No, I was not scared away from posting or affected by something I read. I've been as sick as a dog! I have a flu that is kicking by butt!
    serenaj92-no, I am not going to tell me elders that I post here. I don't feel that I need too. But I do not blame them for telling anybody not to post on a board loke this. Their job as I've said before, is to protect the members of the congregation. Obviosly posting or reading from this board would be considered a threat to the elders, and they want to protect the congregation from that threat. I don't blame the elders at all for trying to protect members of the cong. It is their god-given responsiblity.

scum

• borgfree
    borgfree

Just wondering Scumgrief,
    Does Jehovah need his people to be protected from information? I personally think the real truth can stand up against any information. If it cannot then something is very wrong and I want to know what. I too have been where you are, I believed and strongly supported everything coming from the WT. Finally I decided if I have to be protected from information that the entire world can have (in one case Ray Franz' book) then Jehovah must be very weak, I could not believe that or accept that, so I started reading and researching, guess what happened! I am free, as the scripture says, "if the Son sets you free, you are free indeed" Keep an open mind, or maybe, open your mind. May God's Spirit really direct you.
    Borgfree

"You can fool some of the people all of the time" especially if you are a member of the WT GB
  • pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Scum - I hope you are feeling better! Flu - yuuuckk!!!

• ianao
    ianao

Scumgrief: Have you been to the doctor? Are you sure it's the flu and not, well... something more serious (if you know what I mean?)

Worried Class.

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Sign in US zoo: Please don't feed the paraniod bears ...

IOW, please don't stick another 'anthrax' scare in here. Dude has the flu. BTW, if your nose is runny it's NOT the big "A" ...

• serenaj92
    serenaj92

Scumgrief, would you like to direct me in study? I don't want the WT/awake or the society quoted, just the bible. And I do question alot. If the scripture doesn't set in the whole chapter what the topic of discussion is, then I question. Are you up for it? If so email me. I will not try to get you out of the religion, I am just needing guidance from someone like you. Please consider my request.

• TR
    TR

Seems that depression is common among "Jehovah's people".

YOYOMAMA:

A few weeks ago I had a case of depression over my health...

scumgrief:

I have been going through a lot lately (my wife has major depression)

TR

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    —Edmund Burke

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit