active and happy jw

by scumgrief 151 Replies latest jw friends

• TR
    TR

Remember Scum, that most of us here were JW's at one time, so there's really nothing new for you to impart to us. For those of us who have left the WTS however, we have much to impart to you.

So, since you didn't address my last post to you, I assume you're doing the research, or just avoiding it? JW's are real good at avoiding facts that destroy their religious belief system. Believe me, most of us here went through that phase.

TR

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    —Edmund Burke

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Hi scumgrief - good to see you here. As others have already mentioned, it seems the name calling & derisive comments are often made in response to like comments. The "so called" JW's that typically post here do not represent your religion very well, and tend to be haughty and arrogant in their comments (much like some from other faiths - but thats life). Just ignore the ugly, and try not to be easily offended.

What brings you to the board?

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hello SG,

Welcome to the board. As you may have gathered from some of the replies to your post so far, you have painted a large target over your heart!

Few here have have any personal emnity against JW's, most of whom are decent people, trying to make the best of their lives, like the rest of mankind.

You will find little sympathy however for their leaders, and this site will help you sort the true from the false in that regard.

Keep posting and try not to take negative responses personally - HS

• princecharmant
    princecharmant

Scumgrief,

I love your handle, really do. I am still a Witness, although not as happy as I used to be. Most of the people on this board are well-mannered, I can assure you. Even when they kick you in the butt, they have a heart to give you a hand when you're down.

I'll be happy to read your contributions to the board.

I won't say "agape", nor should you ever.

pc

• nelly136
    nelly136

welcome scummy,
    its always nice to meet liberated jws who
    are prepared to go against the controls and talk
    to ex members,
    hope you stick around, perhaps when shunning becomes
    noticeably unenforceable it'll become a thing of the past.
    nelly

• Mum
    Mum

Welcome to the board. I am glad you are "happy." If anyone here seems to have a disagreeable attitude, believe me, it's because most of us tried to be faithful, good and true JW's but were branded otherwise despite our best efforts.

In the book entitled "The Orwellian World of Jehovah's Witnesses" by Gary and Heather Botting, the point is made that most JW's don't just leave, but feel pushed out. But once we get a taste of freedom and lose that grip of oppression, we grow accustomed to it and hang on to it for all we're worth.

Regards,
    Mum

• scumgrief
    scumgrief

moman, you're probably right about the name! :)

Although your sheep parable kind of confused me, I think I know what you're saying. But fortunatly I don't feel that I am personally blindly folowing anyone as a sheep.

And no, I don't view the WTBTS as a false prophet. I view them as an imperfect organization doing the best they can in this system. And yes I agree that they have made mistakes, but I haven't seen any other organization that comes as close to the truth as they do, at least for me.

scum

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Scumgrief,

You are not a scum. And don't let these fools get to you. Plus, I'm a cute kitty cat.

• scumgrief
    scumgrief

Hi TR, No, I am not avoiding your comments or researching them. I am at work right now and just don't have time for in depth discussions during the day.

I can tell that you are especially resentful toward the JW's, and I'm sure you may have a good reason. You may also have a dumb reason, I don't know. But I look foward to discussing some of these things with you.

scum

• nelly136
    nelly136

do you still see your dfd friend? just curious
    look forward to seeing you in chat sometime (we'll be gentle with you......honest)
    nelly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit