active and happy jw

by scumgrief 151 Replies latest jw friends

• scumgrief
    scumgrief

Hello everyone. I am an active jw and was raised as one. I have been watching the site for a while and thought it could benefit from the opinions of someone who is happily a member of the jw's. I will NOT get into any argumets that lead to nothing except name calling, and will not talk with anyone who is just plain mean (plenty of them in here). But I do look forward to some interesting discussions. Looking forward to talking with you.

scum

• blondie
    blondie

Interesting name, scum(grief), for a happy JW. As far as name-calling, good luck. Very few people in general have the communication skills and emotional control to avoid it completely, even you.

• TR
    TR

OK, Scum,

Give us us your opinions on all the lies, deceit, coverups, deaths due to assanine policies, family breakups, suicides, etc., that is part and parcel of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

It's OK to go do the research if you are ignorant of these things. I'll wait.

TR

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    —Edmund Burke

• ballistic
    ballistic

Hello, welcome to the board. Although some name calling does go on, this is generally between people of any faiths which have had mis-understandings and occasionally from witnesses who have come in here admitting they are counting time and trying to ram it down peoples throats with every opportunity.
    As long as you don't do this, I can't see a problem. I have often said in my posts that I have no problem with consenting adults who choose to be a witness through choice. I will, however, not hide my anger at the SOCIETY for the many ways I feel I personally have been mis-judged and let down, even lied to.

• Andee
    Andee

You don't want any name calling, but call yourself "scum".

Interesting.

Andee

• mommy
    mommy

Welcome Scum
    Tell me what is your take on the UN situation?
    wendy

Blind faith can justify anything.~Richard Dawkins

• Dino
    Dino

Hello and welcome aboard sg! Dino

• scumgrief
    scumgrief

Hey guys. Lots of reply's! First of all my name. Scumgrief is the name of a song by a band named "Fear Factory". An old of friend of mine who is now df's named me that a long time ago. He said the song reminded him of me. Its just kind of stuck. I like it.

I understand that many of you have a lot of anger toward the jw's, but please don't take it out on me. I will respect you and your opinions, please do the same for me.

scum

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Hi scummy,

I guess as long as you don't try to save our souls, we'll be good friends to you. Man, as long as you're happy and good to people, with an open heart and mind, there's not much else we can ask for. I have several friends who are still JW's that I believe are the best of the best, despite our religous differences. I'm glad you came without guns blazing.

Take it easy.

ashi

• moman
    moman

Well scum, a schrink might have a field-day with your handle,but not for me to say.
    Keep in mind that SHEEP seem to be "active & happy" before ending on someones table. I am not refering to being a SHEEP of Jesus, but of a man-made organization! If you have been reading this board you have to come to grips with the PERPONDERANCE OF THE EVIDENCE that the WTBTS are the definition of FALSE PROPHETS!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit