Education Survey

by larc 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Yeru has 27 hours in continuing education from the Menninger Clinic for Suicide Prevention/Intervention

18 hours of foriegn language (Spanish and German)

about 40 more hours in a plethora of items like WORLD RELIGIONS, HISTORY, ENGLISH, etc

Yeru is persuing a degree in Education with a Minor in history with hopes of being a H.S. History teacher upon leaving the military.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

B.S.-agriculture education/animal science

I'm certified to teach agriculture,general and physical science,only 5 hours from being certified in chemistry...

Interesting thread.

Cowboy

We ride and never worry about the fall
    I guess that's just the cowboy in us all

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

B.S. Business Management from Pomona College, Pomona CA
    M.S. Computer Information Systems, Roger Williams University, RI

Certifications:

NOVELL: CNA, CNE, CIP, CNI, Master CNE, CNS

CISCO: CCNA

3COM: Master of Network Sciences, Networking Associate

COMPTIIA: A+ , Network+

MICROSHAFT: MCP, MCSE NT

CURRENTLY:

Working on teaching certification in MA & RI to teach LATIN
    Preapring for Ph.D program thru University of Phoenix

• joelbear
    joelbear

Joel has an AA degree and was pursuing a Business degree with an emphasis in Marketing until he got bored with it.

Joel started back to school in January to pursue a Bachelors degree in Mathematics with a minor in Sociology.

Education is a good thing.

Joel

• one
    one

larc,

based on your education (organizational psyscology) may i ask you:

1.- what do you have to say about thte evolution and present state of the wt organization

2.- the same question about the 'organization' that meets on this forum

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

RunningMan - CMA - that's Canadian for approximately CPA (taken mostly through
    correspondance due to society's education policy). Also a diploma in Computer Science.

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

BA General Studies (Major in Business) Jacksonville University 1991
    MBA Jacksonville University 1993

• lauralisa
    lauralisa

Hi Larc,

I have a BA in Art history and painting, was working towards my Masters in Art History but never finished.

(DANA!!! I went to USF at Tampa! What a wonderful school!

But I was 31 when I was baptised. Your question prompted me to post because if I had continued as a witness, it would have definitely affected my attitude towards my two sons' educations. I remember feeling defensive and almost shameful -arrgh- when explaining (while crammed into a car with Sister Pioneer's "home-schooled" (yeah right..... "We get it all over with in just two hours!!!") Bethel-bound kids who radiated "learned helplessness" and suppressed rage) that my kids' father, who has a PhD in physics, expected them to excell in school and work towards admittance to a university....

My 12 yr old is in an advanced math and science program at a magnet school and was selected to participate in a separate county-sponsored gifted and talented thing for math wizards. My 14 year old just this fall auditioned for and was allowed to attend out of his "district" to attend a high school that emphasizes art and theatre. He wants to be an actor! He has a ponytail!!!!! I love it. On parent's night this fall, the evening commenced with a few numbers from the symphony orchestra. I started crying, embarrassing the crap out of my son, because it was breathtaking, the magical sounds coming from these very young kids.

Am I proud and happy for them or what? When I think of how I used to try and "protect" them from such "worldly" influences and time-consuming endeavors, my heart sinks.......

They complain all the time about their "stupid homework", but they are so happy and thriving.

Thanks for the nice first thing to do after making coffee and realizing wow I have a whole day off today, larc.

lauralisa

• Sirona
    Sirona

Larc,

I have an advanced diploma in business admin, and am doing a BSc Degree with honours in Psychology at the moment.

Sirona

• Mazza
    Mazza

larc, I thought deacon said a medical doctor - this was in the chat room a couple of months ago. However I may have misunderstood him. Sometimes the terminology isn't the same in every country and is easily mistaken. Us Stralians are easily confused!!!!!:)

Marilyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit