Education Survey

by larc 81 Replies latest jw friends

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken
    We don't need no education
    We dont need no thought control . . .

Wrong, Do it again!
    If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding.
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?
    You! Yes, you behind the bikesheds, stand still laddy!

--Pink Floyd

Ginny

• Andee
    Andee

Master degree in Motherhood. However, I have found that the degree doesn't apply to real life situations most of the time.

Also, A PHd in the University of Hard Knocks.

Seriously,my father, for the most part, thought higher education was a waste of time. I remember constant verbal jabs against "educated idiots" growing up. As a result, only an average student, I barely made it through high school.

Who knows, maybe someday I will go back. I have my kids to raise first.

Andee

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Master's in Geophysics

Minor in Futurism

"The religion of the future will be a cosmic religion. The religion which based on experience, which refuses dogmatic. If there's any religion that would cope the scientific needs it will be Buddhism...." Albert Einstein

• biblestudent
    biblestudent

I left the society in 1990 at the age of 40.
    Since then I have completed a BA in Theology and Religious Studies and Hebrew.
    A Masters in Patristics.
    A Post Graduate Certificate in Religious Education for teaching
    and am a PhD candidate.
    My son is in his first yr of a Bsc and one of my daighters is in her 2nd yr of her BA.
    My wife [before she passed away] was in her 2nd yr of her BA in Humanities.

Not bad for a family is it? If we can do it, then others can and should. There are many out there with a brain who have been led to believe that they cannot do it.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

BS in Business Management

One year of law school-Certified Paralegal

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Have you noticed something about these responses? Imagine if you
    asked this question in your local congregation.

In my life, I have been in 10 congregations. In those congs, there were
    only 2 people who had degrees. Of all the JW's I know (probably a thousand
    or two), there are only 3 with degrees.

On this board, there are already a couple dozen who have spoken up. What
    conclusion does this lead to about the average JW, and the average apostate?

• freeman
    freeman

I was born ignorant and I’ve been losing ground ever since.

Freeman

• msil
    msil

This thread is very interesting...I am clearly inferior to all of you (managed to graduated my sophomore year.)

Please think for me...I need the help!!

Sincerely,
    MSIL

Always stroking the cat the wrong way!!! But we will see the intelligence and discernment from the responses...I just know it ;)

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Lauralisa,

Way cool!!! When did you attend USF and are you still in the area?

Yeah, I love the campus; it's beautiful, altho I haven't walked so much in years! And geez, was it intimidating when I first started a few months ago but now I love it. Eating my lunch on the grass outside Cooper Hall...altho there are some squirrels that are just too darn friendly for my comfort! lololol

Dana

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end...
    Closing Time, Semisonic

• Mum
    Mum

I graduated from college at age 37 with a degree in French language and literature. I tried teaching high school, but that was not for me. I have been a medical office manager, a legal secretary, a legal office manager, a medical transcriber and had a plethora of low-paying jobs in between.

I took one graduate level course in literary criticism. I have taken night classes in court reporting (I am proficient in Gregg shorthand, too). My next goal is to obtain a master's degree in library science.

I agree with Cygnus that education is not the path to wealth as Robert Kiyosaki so eloquently points out in his "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" series. However, education has enhanced my life in many ways and I would not be without it just for the sake of wealth.

Regards, Mum

Seize the day, and put the least possible trust in tomorrow. - Horace

I have learned to live each day as it comes and not to borrow trouble by dreading tomorrow. - Dorothy Dix

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit