Education Survey

by larc 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Dino
    Dino

Thats ok MSIL, I graduated Laude Cum Souna from Fouke U. I have a B.S. degree (bullshit),M.S. (more of same), and Phd (piled higher and deeper).

• msil
    msil

lmao @ dino

• Seven
    Seven

I have a BA in Advertising and Public Relations. I also studied Art, Film, Video and Digital Media production. It has always been a dream of mine to be accepted into a DGA director's training program. This summer I found out I was good enough.

I'm envious of Andee's Masters in Motherhood. Good job Andee!! I want no less than five children of my own.

{{{lauralisa's kids}}}

seven

You've been tellin' me you're a genius since you were seventeen
    In all the time I've known you, I still don't know what you mean
    The weekend at the college didn't turn out like you planned
    The things that pass for knowledge, I can't understand
    -Steely Dan

• dmouse
    dmouse

I am now in the 4th year of my BA(Hons)degree in primary education.

I just turned 40. Didn't do it earlier because Armageddon was coming and why start a degree when the big A was going to come before you finished?

Dean.

• openminded
    openminded

I am in my last semester of college. I will have BA in Business Management from The University of Mary. I am 28. I would like to quit my job and go to law school but am not sure how I would swing it. -OM

• openminded
    openminded

JanH-I am also interested in a graduate degree in Religious History. Are you currently working in your field? If yes, do you mind sharing what you do? thanks -OM

• California Sunshine
    California Sunshine

I, like Msil have a Masters from the "School of Hard Knocks".

Having a college degree is a great thing (wish I had one)! But being smart, talented, and wise does not necessarily come from going to school.

lifes experiences are a great teacher.

Sunny

minds are like parachutes--they only function when open.

• CPiolo
    CPiolo

I'm not a dub, nor have I been one, but personal circumstances and a lack of direction prevented me from completing my degree until age 38. I have a BA in art with an emphasis in graphic design and a minor in Spanish. I have completed well over 200 hours of college credit and could earn a couple more bachelors in about a year (one in Spanish and another in mathematics).

My wife, currently a dub, has two degrees. She has the equivalent of a BA in English as a second language as well as a National Teachers Certificat in her country and a second BA in translation. She's close to a third degree (an advanced degree in English). What's interesting is that my wife walked away from dubville while attending college, only to return after we married.

CPiolo

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I've served 3 Union ( IBEW) apprenticships in the electric trade. Inside wireman, Utility cable splicer, and High voltage lineman. Completed about half of an AS in Aviation Technology. I have completed several tech schools also. Somebody told me that I could test out for a degree- just have not looked int that yet.

Was lucky-my folks didn't discourage( or overtly encourage it either) education. Went to an excellent High School. I knew I could'nt afford college so I loaded up on as much serious education as I could during HS. I was told that I'd never finish (class of '78) when I was a freshman in '75. Ended up graduating in the top 1/3 of my class. I turned down a full ride scholorship to Memphis State. There was a military obligation from the US Navy. I took the ASVAB test to get out of classes one day--test results told the DOD that I might be "officer material" lol.

I teach for a trade/ technical program related to the high voltage industry. So much for the WT slant on the future, education, work etc.
    If I would have bought into that totally I'd be living in a box over a steam grate someplace.

Of course If I "knew now".... I'd be an Indian scout, nuclear gynocoligist, or a horse whisperer. Not necessarily in that order.

• BobsGirl
    BobsGirl

I started college when I was 26. I managed to carry a 4.0 GPA for two years. Since I was the only one supporting me, I had to return to full time employment before completing my education..... but I plan to return one day....Maybe my son and I will go to college together???

BobsGirl

"May the work of your hands be a sign of gratitude and reverence to the human condition." - Mahatma Gandhi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit