My daughter is in the hospital .......... it's kind of weird not to pray

by AWAKE&WATCHING 88 Replies latest jw friends

• FadingAway
    FadingAway

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Shannon and Robin)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I'll be sending up vibes to Shannon and the little one. If you ever need to talk, I'm just a PM away and I can call. Please give your daughter a big hug from me.

Much love,

FA

• Dagney
    Dagney

Sending positive thoughts and wishes your way.

• llbh
    llbh

Thanks for Update Robin

I really do all works out well

Hugs David

• Tara
    Tara

A+W, I hope everything works out ok. Your sister is a good resource. The hardest thing, probably, will be getting your daughter to stay on bedrest. As a mom, that will be hard for her, I bet.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Praying is "the power of positive thinking" . What's the problem with praying? I am more or less agnostic and I pray for help once in a while.

Funny thing that in most cases it works, or at least comforts me a bit. Pray to whom or what you want. Do it for you , not because you are told to. Hope all works out.

• mouthy
    mouthy

BFD you said Mouthy's got it covered.
    No darling she makes it quite clear that my prayers are useless. So I wish her well but wont pray for her. I am hoping the one she looks to,,,,>, the DR will deliever the little one in tact XXXX

I couldnt live my life with out a helper. But if she can!!! Great.!!!!

• BFD
    BFD

Mouthy, please forgive me for speaking out of turn.

A&W, I found this on-line and I think these words...

Prayer When I Can't PrayI try to pray;
    words don’t come.
    I toss and turn
    and feel nothing.
    My mind is dry,
    my heart is dull,
    my soul longs
    for life.
    Hear my silent cry,
    my God, hear me.
    Let me not be
    a shriveled reed
    or an empty shell.
    Breathe on me
    and make me whole.
    Give me passion
    that I may love.
    Then shall my tongue praise
    your holy name
    with words I do not yet know.
    So be it.

- Vienna Cobb Anderson

A&W, I will say silent prayers for you, your daughter and her baby boy. Please do not be offended.

BFD

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

I hope everything turns out well for your daughter and her baby. I don't pray myself, either, but I will be thinking about you. It's all just the same in my book.

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

I know what you mean about not praying, but you can say or think anything you want at anytime, silently or out loud, to anyone or nothing. Thank the baby gods, the doctor gods, Fate, the moon, the stars, any of those.

Most of all, I'm glad everything looks good. She'll probably need to take it easy, I'd imagine.

Thinking of you all! Keep us updated!

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING
    I couldnt live my life with out a helper. But if she can!!! Great.!!!!

GG (Granny Grace) - I, in no way, intended to offend you or anyone that is a believer. I'm very sorry if I did.

I've only been on my journey for about 7 months and I don't know what I will or will not believe 7 months from now. I've never argued against creationism on the board because I really just don't know. Right now I'm not feeling like a loving God exists.

Will - that was sweet and you couldn't come close to offending me by praying for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit