My daughter is in the hospital .......... it's kind of weird not to pray

by AWAKE&WATCHING 88 Replies latest jw friends

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

My daughter Shannon is 20 weeks pregnant. The placenta is pulling loose and she has some bleeding. The Doc seems confidant that both she and the baby will be fine.She found out this week that it is a boy. My granddaughter Tori has picked a name for her baby brother.

It was unsettling to walk out of the hospital tonight and leave my daughter alone in a hospital for the first time in her life. Her boyfriend is a truck driver was driving thru Las Vegas when I spoke to him.

I went to the car and one of my favorite songs came on the radio. Counting Crows "Round Here". I sat there until the song was over. Something wasn't right. I realized this was when I would normally pray, here in my car by myself. Only I had not felt like praying at any time. Nor had I immediately thought to when I got the call to meet Shannon at the hospital. I began to relax and feel like everything was going to be alright and it had nothing to do with whether I was measuring up at that particular time to, as Gopher would put it, some Sky Daddy.

When I got home and had a pm from someone I consider a very dear friend. It was a link to a song that is inspired by a running joke on the werewolf game.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=k7zvGo0SEv8

Everybody want a piece of ...

I laughed out loud. It cheered me up and I thank you.

I love JWD. You guys are great.

• Priest73
    Priest73

A&W I'm so sorry about that. I glad the doctors are optimistic. In light of that I'm sorry about the post on you xmass thread...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear A&W,

(I'm not much with words).

Love,

CoCo

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I'm glad the doctor is confident about your daughter's condition.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Thanks everyone. I really do think she's going to be fine. I'll keep you posted.

Priest -I loved your post on my Christmas thread. It made me smile.

Good night.

• Scully
    Scully

It sounds like she could be on bedrest for a while... does she have any hobbies to keep her off her feet and busy for the next little while?

She'll probably need some things to entertain herself and pass the time if she is on bedrest... I'm sure we can come up with some ideas for her. This may end up being a well-outfitted little boy she's having!

Take care of those precious people in your life... I know you will!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Oh I'm glad the doctor seems to think all will be well. If your daughter doesn't know how to knit, this might be the time to learn. It's pleasant and relaxing, repetitive, soothing. Baby things are small and don't take long to knit and there are the most fabulous fibers and patterns available.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

OMG A&W....I had no idea. Please give Shannon a hug for me and let her know I'm thinking about her.

If the Dr's is feeling things will be ok, chances are (very high chance) they will be fine.

Hugs to you, Shannon, and your grandaughter.

• noni1974
    noni1974

(((((Robin)))) Please give my love to Shannon and tell her I'm thinking about her and the baby.Also give Tori a hug for me.Call me if you want to.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I'm sorry. Yep, sounds like strict bedrest from here on out. No fun but you do what you need. I hope her and your grandson stay safe.

momz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit