Trash THIS!

by Farkel 128 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

HS, now let me farkelize my response to you.

Twit,I don't think it's baiting and trolling and if you weren't such a whining imbecile, you could see that people are just deciding they are sick of the hypocrisy of you and your moron friend. I was under the impression that those with real intellect could debate without name calling and ignore those not worth the debate. But a nitwit crybaby like yourself can't see past the keyboard to the logic on the screen.

Perhaps though if in the several years I have been here I saw more of the great posts people claim he's made, and not the moronic drivel he and his blindly stupid followers credit to him, I might give the twit a break.

Why don't you go bother someone else, you crybaby nitwit?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    And I thought this was a thread about Thomas Paine.

It's turned into Farkel's Paine.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    The baiting and 'trolling' on this thread is hardly anything to be proud of either is it? Or have double standards so permeated the mentality of some that they cannot distinguish where to plant their online ethics.

Oh give me a break with the "double standards".

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Burn, go have a wank somewhere else.

P

• uninformed
    uninformed

Paine in the ass.

Farkel, I'm still masticating on this one.

Brant

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    And I thought this was a thread about Thomas Paine.

Correction. Paine is an everyday humdrum subject. This is an epic thread. It has turned into the Passion of the Farkel.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Burn,

You are a proven liar, a hypocrite to your chosen faith, and intellectually dishonest to boot. This is a matter of public record, should any be interested enough to evidence this by soiling their eyes looking through your posts.

I know that you and many others will view this as 'namecalling'. I call it the truth. I would be interested if any of you could point to a thread where Farkel has been a hypocrite, a liar or intellectually dishonest. I judge a man by whether I would trust him when the chips are down. Though rough in his manner, and often overvunerable to other peoples opinions imo, I would always trust my back to him as he is consistent and has no agenda. Look to yourself, BurnTheShips.

You have been 'trolling' this Board for the last few weeks, feigning some interest in the threads until you are able to get back to what you are best at, 'trolling'. I predict that it is a matter of time before your account is undusbscribed here, though of course you will start yet another one, won't you. ;)

HS

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well, tut tut tut. How did something so funny turn so mean? You are losing your sense of humor. "I did not realize we had tenured professorships at JWD U. He is getting what he gives. Farkel has a thick skin, he can defend himself without the need for apologetes." Whoever said that put it in a nutshell. You notice Farkel started this brouhaha and then left. Chicken. Throwing down the gauntlet and calling people twits and morons before they even have a chance to respond is just asking for ridicule. This isn't a thread about Paine, it's a thread about a pretentious know-it-all who wants to strut his knowledge for our admiration. If you really want to talk about Paine, somebody start another thread. Paine is worth it. In the meantime, some awfully funny posts on this thread and there has been no trolling that I can see. Unless Farkel is the troll. I like the color five and the number purple, too. And I luuuuuuve televisor! And those puppies, darn cute. Ummm um um um um.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    You have been 'trolling' this Board

I often troll for Spanish Mackerel in my boat. I live by the Gulf of Mexico. It is fun and you can spot the school from a long ways off by the flocks of seagulls crashing the bait schools. Big Macs are sure to be under that surface bait! My buddy on this board likes to let the bait sit but I think you should work it. To me Spanish Mackerel is delicious! Now, our fresh Gulf mackerel can be a bit fishy for some and northerners may turn up their noses, but I am not too picky. Some will only have it smoked, but I will never pass up a chance to savor some fresh caught fish! Unfortunately, I seldom go out since I became a father, and I spend a lot more time right here on JWD!

At any rate, after a couple of cold Mexican beers, even the fishiest fish tastes good enough to eat. I may not always bring home the grouper, and I am man enough to admit it, but when you are not too picky you seldom come home empty handed. I think there is a life lesson here for you and me HS. Life is like a baited hook in the Gulf, you never know what you are going to pull up. Believe it or not even the bait can be a wholesome tasty repast after a long day of fishing and it beats the hell out of a can of vienna sausages. I tend to view the posts of some on this board the same way, but I digress. The old standby is a campsite charcoal fire on one of our barrier islands under the stars with salt and lime juice but at home here is a wonderful way to prepare Fresh Gulf Mackerel:

SPANISH MACKEREL, HEAVENLY BROILED

Yield: 6 servings.

2 pounds Florida Spanish mackerel fillets*
    2 tablespoons lemon juice
    1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    1/4 butter, softened
    3 tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing
    3 tablespoons chopped Florida green onions
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce

Place fillets in a single layer on a well-oiled broiler pan

Brush fillets with lemon juice and let stand in refrigerator for 10 minutes.

Combine remaining ingredients and set aside.

Broil fillets about 4 inches from source of heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily.

Remove from heat and spread with cheese mixture.

Broil 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned.

MMMMM Good!

alt

• journey-on
    journey-on

Farkel

I just finished reading Thomas Paine's Age of Reason. Sorry it took me so long. I clicked on it late last night and became enthralled with it, but alas, having not slept for over 24 hrs., my mind was too tired to absorb all the details as I wanted to do. Between taking care of business and attending to the household duties today, I managed to complete it about 10 minutes ago. I have so much to say. This piece came along at a most serendipitous time for me. I won't explain my personal journey, but suffice it to say, I needed exactly this essay to take me to the next step. Thank you so much for posting this topic.

However, when I logged on and came to your topic, I realized it has now turned into a "What Do You Think of Mr. Farkel" thread.

Are you still desirous of a serious critique to Age of Reason, or were you really looking for this second fallout mentioned above? I realize that in your original post, you pushed several buttons that were bound to elicit the responses that indeed were forthcoming.

Before I waste time on my critique, I would like to clarify that you are indeed still interested in such. Also, as there are several types of critique: general, personal, critical, etc., did you have a preference? The one I lean toward is the critical which addresses the logos, ethos, and pathos of a piece of writing. A general crtique would include comments as to content, organization, style, correctness, etc.

If this topic has deteriorated to a critique of the Man, Farkel, then I will take what you gave me (the recommendation to read and analyze Age of Reason) and bow out of further discussion. Let me know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit