Trash THIS!

by Farkel 128 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    This time trying to destroy yest another interesting thread.

This thread took a turn for the better long before I got on it.

"Gentle" Farkel posted a screed,
    For "twits" to critique and read
    Then HS jumped in
    said to ridicule is a sin
    The moderators will correct this misdeed!

HS also loves to fling pooBTS he tries to pursue
    BTS just laughs
    thinks this is a gas
    Sits back and watches him spew!

A lesson from this can learn
    When the know-it-alls attempt to spurn
    Don't bother with them
    Just laugh and condemn
    They aren't worth the time or concern!

With love from Burn

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

T Payne was a good essayist. People are still trying to figure the same stuff out today.

the more things change the more they stay the same.

~Hill

• Caedes
    Caedes

I rather suspect that Farkel knew exactly what he was going to get when telling people what they can and can't post on a public thread and forum.

I can't believe that I'm in the position of having to agree with Burn the ships.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I don't think Paine gets the credit he deserves, honestly. He was a towering figure in the formation of our country.

Burn

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I can't believe that I'm in the position of having to agree with Burn the ships.

Oh, cmon. Thats not so bad is it?

• Caedes
    Caedes

Well, the problem is I can never get the jackboots in my size although I do like the fact they are so shiny!

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I could only read a couple of chapters for now as I'm at work. I like some of what I've read so far though, he believed in God, not religion, and one comment which particularly struck me - that basically, everyone has the right to be a 'Thomas'. I think that's what a lot of 'religious' people miss with their preaching - Jesus didn't strike Thomas dead or even give him a darn good telling off for refusing to believe without physical evidence, no he just said happy are those who believe without seeing!

If he didn't punish Thomas, why would he want to punish anyone else?

I disagree that Paine was ahead of his time, his thinking was along the lines of existentialism which has been around in many forms since the great philosophers. Paine merely applies it to his own thoughts and current ideas.

Now whether I'm going to like the rest of the essay when I read it is another question! There may be a contradiction built in somewhere because if he states his right to disbelieve, should that also give him the right to go on to trash what others believe?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Well, the problem is I can never get the jackboots in my size although I do like the fact they are so shiny!

Here you might find your size!

http://www.lostbattalions.com/german33-45/bootrepros/jackboots.html

Apparently they weren't all that shiny!

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

sad emo

Now whether I'm going to like the rest of the essay when I read it is another question! There may be a contradiction built in somewhere because if he states his right to disbelieve, should that also give him the right to go on to trash what others believe?

Religion at that time had a very dominant stanglehold on people religiously, politically and economically - like Islam has today in some parts of the world and somewhat like JWs. He wanted people to free their minds, to think clearly and to develop their own individual powers of reason and to form a democratic society with everyone participating. Thats the impression I'm getting. I can see why Farkel is so incensed by Merry's thread

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Why do you hate puppies HS?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit