• Caedes
    Caedes

BTS,

No, even they don't do them in size Liberal

Mine would be!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    No, even they don't do them in size Liberal

They don't make them in my size either. And goosestepping is dangerous around cute puppies anyway.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w225/Crashpanic/IMG_0023.jpg

• parakeet
    parakeet

bttt.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

Hoot man, those are bonnie laddies and lassies!

• Open mind
    Open mind

All right Doug, I'm willing to give it little bit of a go, but first I need a bit of a rule clarification.

First off you ask thread participants to "critique his essays".

Then you say:

I don't want opinions, chit chat, cutsy stuff or your own personal opinions. I don't want your own uninformed ideas, speculations, judgments or stories.

Also:

I trust the other people who have read it might just well agree with this approach and do their own "moderating" for the ding-dongs that think their "opinions" mean something.

Now, my question is how am I supposed to critique something without including my own opinions or judgements? Would you like me to submit my Curriculum Vitae so that you can decide whether or not my ideas are "uninformed" or not? FWIW, I'll save you the time and let you know right up front I've only completed the 13th grade.

I love ya Fark, but these "rules" seem unworkable to me.

Proffering my viscera in your general direction.

Open Mind

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Now, my question is how am I supposed to critique something without including my own opinions or judgements?

Thats because there is a case of drain bamage involved. LOL.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING
    Sometime ago, I made a thread praising our dear poster, Blondie. She has made wonderful contributions on this site......I was thinking abut how others should realize what they have done for us, too! Without a doubt, Farkel has been one of the finest writers on this board and others previously. If it wasn't for Farkel writing his posts on H2O and JWD, many of us would probably have never seen the light. Farkel's in your face, undeniable style MAKES you think and most often it necessitates having to agree with his opinions. Farkel has been an authority on most JW things. If we have our own "scholar" here, it's probably Farkel. .......At times, we don't appreciate what we have until we lose it. If Farkel ever were to leave, the truth is this board would never be as good! I hope that for as long as I read threads on JWD, Farkel is always a contributor to helping people learn the truth about the truth.

posted by minimus several years ago Do any of you ever go back and read the old threads? It makes me sick to see Farkel made fun of like this. If you don't like his in your face style then just don't post. Yes - I realize he called everyone a twit and he will call me one as well for posting. Farkel is part of our history here on JWD and I think he deserves to be treated better than this. He's helped you in ways you'll never even realize. Think of him as a grumpy old grandpa, you may not like his scowling and sharp tongue but you remain respectful because you appreciate the sacrifice he's made. So he's rough around the edges. Lighten up for Pete's sake, he's frustrated and just wants a thread that isn't full of fluff. Is that so hard to understand? To any of you who want to say something mean to me for defending him I challenge you to read some of the old stuff first. Then throw all of the tomatoes you want.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Do any of you ever go back and read the old threads?

Maybe I will.

Farkel is part of our history here on JWD and I think he deserves to be treated better than this. He's helped you in ways you'll never even realize.

I did not realize we had tenured professorships at JWD U. He is getting what he gives. Farkel has a thick skin, he can defend himself without the need for apologetes.

Think of him as a grumpy old grandpa, you may not like his scowling and sharp tongue but you remain respectful because you appreciate the sacrifice he's made. So he's rough around the edges. Lighten up for Pete's sake, he's frustrated and just wants a thread that isn't full of fluff. Is that so hard to understand?

He is not a grumpy old grandpa to me. He is an anonymous poster. A nasty one to boot. If he wants to control a thread, he can open up his own forum. TheFarkelTower.com is open for domain name registration I think.

To any of you who want to say something mean to me for defending him I challenge you to read some of the old stuff first. Then throw all of the tomatoes you want.

None of us rest on our laurels here. He may have been a fine poster years and years ago, but his best days may be behind him. If his current material is so out of character for him maybe it is time for him to retire or at least take a break for a while. Just my opinion.

Burn

• Open mind
    Open mind

Hey there Awake&Watching.

I'm the unofficial President of the Freakin' Farkel Fan Club fer God Sakes! So get in line.

I've praised him so much he prolly pukes just seeing my name on the screen.

Still, his "rules" for the thread are just begging to be mocked on a forum like this. Or, Farkel's "rules" might keep some who might have contributed, sitting on the side lines because the rules look like such a Catch-22.

Eagerly awaiting evisceration by Alfred E. Neuman.

Seriously Doug, I did actually read the essays and have an observation and a criticism ready to roll.

OM

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

A&W,

Think of him as a grumpy old grandpa, you may not like his scowling and sharp tongue but you remain respectful because you appreciate the sacrifice he's made. So he's rough around the edges. Lighten up for Pete's sake, he's frustrated and just wants a thread that isn't full of fluff. Is that so hard to understand?

I think very opinionated Dumb Ass is a much closer to likeness, than Grumpy Old Grandpa, I could see is he was in his 70's or 80's then may be the switch from opinionated dumb ass to grumpy old grandpa.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit