Trash THIS!

by Farkel 128 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Farkel is part of our history here on JWD and I think he deserves to be treated better than this. He's helped you in ways you'll never even realize.

Complete crap.Hes a vicious,nasty bastad who ,imo,has made light of jw deaths,attacked a poster who is of a differant religion and is arrogant to the extreme.

Hes never helped me.Except to avoid all his crap he writes.

Im with you Tij ;)

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Flea,

I agree with 100%. It seems that Farkel has very high opinion of himself as clearly seen in his writtings,some of it has rubbed off onto some who have read his posts, and so now he has his own little praise group that follow his written posts and thread with showers of applaud, who see him as he sees himself, master debater, wounderful logicion, ecetra ecetra. I never bought into it, as I see you never did either.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

A question for all of those enjoying this present feeding frenzy against Farkel, and those 'trolling' for reactions.

If he is such a vile, nasty, pointless piece of work, WHY THE HELL DO YOU CLICK ON HIS POSTS? <- Shouting for the intellectually deaf among us.

HS

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

HS, I click on his posts to see what an ass he's being on this particular day or if maybe he's gone back to the from that people claim of him - a serious contributor and debater. Do you think being a bright aggressive jerk is much different from being a plain old jerk?

The fact is that while people seem to credit farkle with great posts from the past, what gives him the right to be abusive now? It now takes him time to start abusing people than it does to blink.

I don't think I need much more justification that that to click on his posts or anyone else's.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

HS, I click on his posts to see what an ass he's being on this particular day or if maybe he's gone back to the form that people claim of him - a serious contributor and debater. Do you think being a bright aggressive jerk is much different from being a plain old jerk?

The fact is that while people seem to credit farkel with great posts from the past, what gives him the right to be ignorant toward people now? When did being a jerk become a "style" to be defended?

If you or anyone else want to be a farkel sycophant go ahead, but if you are going to be defensive his behavior how can you possibly be critical of those who click on his threads and post their thoughts?

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

I have had the unique "privilege" of trying to moderate a board during Farkel's hey-days! He has always been quick with a barb or to verbally rip into someone who posts nonsense or statements full of logical fallacies.

I've deleted a fair number of his posts over the years and got ripped a new one by Fark and others on a regular basis. But Farkel had a pretty keen sense as to when to use honey and when to use vinegar. Honey doesn't always work. Some people can be led to an understanding, others can be obstinate and needs a 2x4 to jog their thinking ability. Sometimes he got it wrong but more often he chose the appropriate tactic for the main person with whom he was communicating.

It can be near painful to read and some of the name calling unnecessary but he has had significant success in getting people to seriously re-think positions and to question well-ingrained circular reasoning.

Do I agree with his tactics? Not always. I've called him to task as a mod and privately as a colleague. Is he worthy of the villification being demonstrate on this thread? Not at all.

To echo HS' comment, you don't like his style, don't click on his threads. Pretty simple really.

Uzzah - To those interested ... keep reading his past threads and posts. He more than most has good reason to despise the WT and their flip-flop doctrines. Anyone here gone to jail or detention facilities for 'the truth' only to be told later it wasn't the society's fault that he followed 'his conscience" and thus shouldn't blame the Society?

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

You sit for the portrait that people paint of you. That includes farkel. If you want to give him a free pass fine, but if he can dish it out how about letting him eat it too?

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Uzzah,

A valuable post on all fronts. Many thanks. I could not agree more with your summary.

Unconfused,

You sit for the portrait that people paint of you. That includes farkel. If you want to give him a free pass fine, but if he can dish it out how about letting him eat it too?

If you actually read his posts Farkel can both dish it out and receive it without whining like a little child. His methods may not smack too heavily of social graces, and sometimes he does go over the top but he knows where he stands on the issues that he pronounces on, which is a lot more than many posters on this thread. The baiting and 'trolling' on this thread is hardly anything to be proud of either is it? Or have double standards so permeated the mentality of some that they cannot distinguish where to plant their online ethics. HS.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

I don't think it's baiting and trolling so much as people just deciding they are sick of the name calling. You call those who object to being called names, whiners, ok fine, but I was under the impression that those with real intellect could debate without name calling and ignore those not worth the debate.

Perhaps though if in the several years I have been here I saw more of the great posts people claim he's made and less of the cheap online bullying he's known for now I would be more inclined to offer the pass that you do.

But to each his own.

• Priest73
    Priest73

And I thought this was a thread about Thomas Paine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit