You Who Have Been on the Board For Awhile - What Are your Concerns ?

by flipper 176 Replies latest jw friends

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident
    I was very sarcastic in my younger days. I decided to be nice most of the time as I got older. So, I have to live vicariously through Hillary. Except on my pissy days, then it comes out.

LOL FHN. Yes, Hillary says all the things I want to say, if I didn't mind everyone being pissed at me! My desire for love outweighs my desire to be funny! Obviously Hillary has no such ambivalence. He IS a lovable old curmudgeon, though, even if he wants everyone to think he is a bunny killer!

Cog

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    He's a lovable old curmudgeon, though, even if he wants everyone to think he is a bunny killer!

This calls to mind the killer bunny in Monty Python's Search for the Holy Grail.

• flipper
    flipper

FLYING HIGH NOW- I agree , we should be patient with new posters , their authenticity will be verified in time . Show them support - they have a lot to bring to this board , just as those who have been here awhile

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

When I first started posting, I got the cool shoulder and no one would acknowledge my posts, etc. I said something and then people explained to me the reasons. After that someone started a welcome thread for me because I pointed out that I had not been welcomed. I got through it and I got through the flames. It taught me a lot about how to handle flames and to grow a thicker skin. Anyone who reads enough here before posting will understand that there will be skepticism about new posters much of the time.

• flipper
    flipper

FLYING HIGH NOW- I agree that people tend to be wary of Newbies at first , especially considering what this board has been through , and it is wise to be cautious. That being said - once a newbie posts for a little while and we see them come back multiple times interchanging with other board members , I think it's good to welcome them ! I have noticed, as I'm sure you have, that the last few months we have had tons of new newbies showing up ! I think it's great ! It shows me that the witness cult is starting to lose it's luster to some of them - and hopefully more will follow and get free themselves ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Xena
    Xena
    XENA- You have your opinion about HS and his takes. I respectfully disagree with you and him. We need to be civil to newbies and others and make them feel welcome ! I don't mean love bombing ; just be normally friendly and welcoming !

lol obviously I have my opinion about HS and his takes, I posted it. As for your not agreeing with me, I didn't expect you to, again, obviously.

Being nice to newcomers is something I advocate as well, I'm just not naive enough to expect it consistantly. Everyone who posts on here is coming from a different place and when they post unless we know them well we have no idea what drives their words so to expect uniform behavior is unrealistic. Maybe in the new system though you will get your wish.

Cheers!

HS

It's freakishly cold, wet and windy here, but amazingly beautiful so I guess you take the good with the bad. I'll send your regards to Ross when I take his tea down to the basement where I keep him chained up. Kinky Brit.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

I do consider myself a newbie, but I also feel that my past life in the dubs qualifies me to comment on the lives and expierences of others here. I have gained much insight on the impact that the wts has made in peoples lives. This is a great place for all. I have noticed the personality conflicts that go on here, but that is to be expected in any given group of peoples that associate together. If you have a problem with a certain person, just take it outside.

NMG

• flipper
    flipper

XENA- You make good points . Some I agree with ; some I don't. I respect you have your take.

NO MORE GUILT- I agree that newbies can have just a important good effect on this board as others here for years who consider it " their " board . I agree it is best to take conflicts elsewhere as well. Good thoughts. I enjoy your posts

• Trevanian
    Trevanian
    SHAWN 10538 - There are a lot of positive people on this board who are accomplishing many good things at present ! Hitch your rope to their wagon, bro !

I agree with flipper here. And an excellent example is Elsewhere and Darth Frosty's brilliant achievement: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/150022/1.ashx ... scanning a quarter of a century's worth of confidential Body of Elder letters from the WTS and placing them on a server. And someone else has started torrenting them.

Now there's a wagon!

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

No "real" Concerns hear.

I think sometimes people need to keep in mind that this is the internet not real life. Also so meny people (often new fokes) just need to stop and think befor they post.

STOP THINK POST!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit