You Who Have Been on the Board For Awhile - What Are your Concerns ?

by flipper 176 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

NELLY 136 & CRUMPET - Very true ! Variety is the spice of life ! I think we have lots of variety on the board ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• White Dove
    White Dove

My concerns are that my family will not respect my decision to leave the org and that they will stay in it no matter what happens in it.

• flipper
    flipper

WHITE DOVE - Certainly a very legitiment concern. A lot of my family is still in as well , I know how you feel. I just hope something will open their eyes in time to the lies of the witness organization. Just give it time , something may happen in their life which will make them question their beliefs . Some personal incident where they get hurt by the organization . And then we just have to be here for them when they are ready to get out ! Good luck ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

Thought I'd bump this thread up from my archives to stir up some ideas ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

My main concern for myself and others is that we won't be able to constructively move on.

• shamus100
    shamus100

ATJ,

So true... so true. You know how many have come and gone?

Dahmn, I miss gumby.

Do I have any concerns? I'm concerned that I need new running shoes - seems my old ones are getting worn out. I'm concerned that Mr. Flipper may have sea lice....

I am 100 percent NOT concerned about armageddon.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Not really a concern, but an annoyance sometimes:

Why do we have to start 47 threads on the same topic all the time?

I've probably done it, too.....and I annoy myself when I do it.

• shamus100
    shamus100

You be nice palm tree or Im going to start the exact same thread only with the name 'redeux' behind it. Now be nice...

• flipper
    flipper

ALLTIMEJEFF- That is a very valid and reasonable concern. We just have to take the new information we have gained and use it in a proactive, positive fahion. I know it's easier said, than done - but with time I feel the longer I've been away from the witnesses ( 6 years ) it is getting easier to stay positive. I get down sometimes due to my adult JW daughters shunning me- but I'm working with that by still reaching out to them in an authentic way- sending old family pictures, letters asking how they are, etc. I just try staying positive - don't give up. At least my adult son is out of the cult. Hang in there friend

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Shamus, I'm almost always nice.

Shut up and eat your banana.

lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit