You Who Have Been on the Board For Awhile - What Are your Concerns ?

by flipper 176 Replies latest jw friends

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    ABANDONED- I admire your tenacity and for standing up for Mincan being called names in an abusive manner .

Thank you buddy.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Flipper,

ABANDONED- I admire your tenacity and for standing up for Mincan being called names in an abusive manner .
    MINCAN- I agree with you. It's crap to think people can't be civil on this board ! People don't have to resort to name calling !
    XENA- You have your opinion about HS and his takes. I respectfully disagree with you and him. We need to be civil to newbies and others and make them feel welcome ! I don't mean love bombing ; just be normally friendly and welcoming !
    HILLARY STEP- As I said on my other thread- I agree that we disagree, I have nothing further to say to you. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Well Flipper, you obviously do have something futher to say to me, but rather than being 'straight' about it you are making your point in what is termed a 'passive agressive' way. Look it up if you are puzzled as to what I mean. This is a very typical methodology used by elders when counselling from the platform. In fact your post above is an object lesson in passive-agressive 'counsel', and frankly it is rendered impotent due to its delivery. I have no doubt it would have been appreciated in the emotional prison that we were all once in, but here in the real world it has little to commend itself.

You must learn to stand up and speak your mind Flipper, rather than hide behind this method of delivery. Passive agressive behavior is imo the most abusive of all methods of delivery on a discussion board. Rather call me a name than present 'upbuilding counsel'.

As to Abandoned, he only succeeded in making an absolute fool of himself by attempting to defend the indefensible. His complete inability to explain his double-standards on all the major issues being evidence of this. You have not helped him by empowering him in this negative behavior, but I doubt you will understand what I am getting at.

I am very pleased though that you spoke out against Mincan's post where he resorted to abusive posting where I was concerned....hold on....you did not did you? You actually conmmended him....lol. You sir are a hypocrite, and I call you out on this.

Xena,

Long time no read. How are you enjoying a Scottish Winter? Bloody awful aye. Send my regards to Ross. Tell him the Christian apologists on JWD are not what they used to be. ;)

HS

• flipper
    flipper

HILLARY STEP- You must have ignored my post to you and did not see it. I have nothing further to say to you. You just enjoy ignorant confrontation. I will not engage you in that anymore. Period

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Flipper,

HILLARY STEP- You must have ignored my post to you and did not see it. I have nothing further to say to you. You just enjoy ignorant confrontation. I will not engage you in that anymore. Period. Peace out, Mr. Flipper.

Well, that is your take on this thread and you are entitled to your views, but as an aside I noted above that you actually DID have something further to say to me, but chose a very cowardly method to do so.

If you are sincere about having nothing further to say, then quit the passive-agressive 'counselling' techniques, I was not born yesterday.

Have a good night!

HS

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

HS,

Please indulge me. Push back from you computer, and step outside, all the way to the edge of your railing and look out at the beautiful reality in front of you, even in the night. I know it is fantastic, and you know why I know. Enjoy, relax for a few moments. Ok, now come back to this.

If you are content, PLEASE CALL ME. You need help.

Actually, it's good to see you playing here. However, it moves me to PM your debate opponents to warn them of the lopsided battle in which they engage.

I also miss Xena and her friend in the skirt. What has happened to her toe.

Steve

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I agree with Stilla, this is the best former JW board on the internet, at least I know it is in the English language. People come and go. People get hurt, they get mad and so on, but the board is still worthwhile and read/post worthy.

How would I improve things? I'd bring back a few of the great posters we've lost along the way. One thing most any of us had to deal with when first joining JWD, was skepticism from posters who have been here varying lengths of time. I'd say if people can't make it through the gauntlet of newbie-ism, they might not be ready for JWD just yet.

When I first came across JWD in 2001, I was bewildered and taken aback by some of the posters and their commentary. I chose not to sign up at the time. But as time marched on, I grew more and more ready. I've come a long way since my first posts.We all can look over our earlier posts and see the progression on our personal journeys.

Agreed: we should be kind and patient with new posters. If they are fakes, that will come out eventually. Meanwhile, give the benefit of the doubt. Otherwise, realize some are maybe too thin skinned to be on a board like this.... just yet.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hello Steve,

Please indulge me. Push back from you computer, and step outside, all the way to the edge of your railing and look out at the beautiful reality in front of you, even in the night. I know it is fantastic, and you know why I know. Enjoy, relax for a few moments. Ok, now come back to this.

Actually I have just got back from a quick jog. I Managed to trip over an injured rabbit in the park. Some bastard had let its dog loose and poor bunny was left for dead. I had to do my ugly duty to the poor animal.

If you are content, PLEASE CALL ME. You need help.

lol...Unfortunately I am very content indeed. I am just blasting some jazz across the neighbourhood and setting up a new amplifier for my guitar. I bought an Ibanez Signature Series today, limited edition and heavily decorated - some piece of art, and it needs to be set up. So rest easy old friend, no need to worry about me, just relax now. I know that I seem to be heavily invested in these threads, but surely you know me better than that. I actually have been having a wonderful time, albeit at the expense of some. Thats entertainment. Simon pays me to develop these threads so that JWD gets back its rankings.

Actually, it's good to see you playing here. However, it moves me to PM your debate opponents to warn them of the lopsided battle in which they engage.

lol...This board has too many Angels. Is it the scent of perfume or an Angels fart? Online it it is very hard to judge.

I have had so many emails from people thinking that I am about to implode. Some say I am consumed with anger...lol, some that I need a pyschiatrist, some inviting me to their homes so that they can take care of me - unfortunately they were males. One charming note from somebody who was sure I was drunk and suggesting that I insert my whiskey bottle in my nether regions...lol. For an attention whore, this is all good news. The most worrying emails however are those that have agreed with me. Far too many of those also.

One poster whom I view as a friend suggested that I am a snob, a description with which I fully agree. The world would be a better place if it were filled with elitist snobs imo. I was going to start a thread entitled 'What Is Wrong With Being A Snob', but thought the better of it. I just don't think that I could stand all the Wikipedia quotes...lol

Take care Steve. Are you still living where you used to?

HS

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

LOL Hillary!

You succeeded in provoking everyone just sufficiently enough to prove your point that it is unrealistic for everyone to agree and get along on a discussion board! Just don't get yourself banned, whatever you do. This place would be very bland without you! Who would make me laugh?

Cog

• journey-on
    journey-on
    poor bunny

Uh, oh....your soft spot is showing, HS. Come on now, folks. Anybody that would use an endearing term like "poor bunny" can't be all that bad.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Hillary bad? Nah. Never, thought he was.

Simon pays me to develop these threads so that JWD gets back its rankings.

This is priceless. This is why Hillary is one of my favorite posters. I love sarcasm and I'm not sure anyone turns out finer sarcasm than Hillary. I was very sarcastic in my younger days. I decided to be nice most of the time as I got older. So, I have to live vicariously through Hillary. Except on my pissy days, then it comes out. What can I say?

Thank you, HIll. I love it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit