News from Mother ship

by jefferywhat 283 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro
    Recently, they had to pay out millions for pedophile cases. They lost the clergy client privileges. The only privilege they managed to maintain was lawyer/client privileges. They want to distance themselves from the congregations. How? by allowing the elders in a congregation to run things autonomously to a great extent. However, there will be one person, who will be appointed by the legaldepartment of the WTas their representative, and all correspondence from the congregation will be handled by this person and forwarded to the legal department in Brooklyn or wherever. These special hired hands will be working solely as legal assistants of the legal departments. All the correspondence will be covered by lawyer/client privilege and will not be opened to scrutinization of any court. These strong armed heavies will be called in from time to time to receive special schooling and instructions, all under the name of the Legal Department.

I can see something like that. The main problem would be that you still have too many of these reps of the legal department. The CO already performs similar functions, especially in the meeting with the elders where the CO will read letters from the WTS and review an outline provided by the WTS that gives instructions to elders on how to "handle" things. Many times,the elders were not allowed to actually see the letter or make a copy of it, but had to write down the instructions in the Flock book.

I could see a position below CO but above the BOE in the local congregations. They could assign one man to "handle" either 1 KH (usually 2-3 congregations) or perhaps have as many as 4-5 congregations in which this person would be responsible for.

The problem (as I understand it which is probably not correct) with clergy privilege is that if more than 1 clergyman knows about the confession, then privilege is deemed waived. So unless this rep would hear all confessions, then you've still got that issue. But, as is pointed out above, atty-client privilege was held because the legal department is an in-house law firm in a seperate corp. I'm just not sure that these appointed "legal assistants" giving information and advice to local BOEs would be an extension of the legal department. I would argue that they have no legal training and that they were already serving (and perhaps would continue to serve) as elders in the local congos, therefore are still reps of the WTS.

Maybe if they deleted all the elders and held elections in local congos and any reps of the legal department refused to be elders, then perhaps that would work.

I completely agree that any organizational changes that are coming are being made by the legal department and are an effort to stem the tide of lawsuits. Money makes the world go round. Also, any changes will be a crackdown, not a easing of bethel control.

• attorn
    attorn

Hi folks!

I got some PMs of people who were either interested in my source or doubted the info. Both are welcome…

As you have certainly recognized, I didn't start this thread and I didn’t spread the word. But when I saw that some rumors seem to come up I thought that this fragile, semi-secret construct might be collapsing. So I thought it my be time to come up with some background information…

As I openly said in my post, I don’t know if this, - let’s call it “special research group” -, is the source of those rumors. But I can imagine it and I know that this group exist.

No, I’m not part of this group myself and I can’t for certain reasons give more details here but I know names and dates. Having said this, I again want to clarify that I’m not an insider who is being kept up to date with those developments in Brooklyn on a weekly basis.

Nonetheless, I know that since some of the initial power for this “black op team” came from now deceased GB members, a weird exceptional status was granted to those open-minded but heavily invested brothers…

They enjoy what I would call “special privileges” as regards research material, doctrinal believes and covenants and the last I know is that their existence is not known by all current GB members…

But as mentioned before, they stay in the shadow and obey the rules and regulations of the org, mostly out of “necessity”.

You have to understand the JW mindset here. If you served God 30, 40, 50 years in an org that you believe to be God’s chosen channel in “the last days” and you have no social network or security, you can’t give it all up because you find something intriguing. And you can’t give it up because you see human things go wrong (pedophilia, UN etc.) or because “the light gets brighter” (blood, generation, 1914). You are too much invested, emotionally, psychologically and materially. You need a major sign that tells you that this organization is not (or no longer) God's chosen agent. Only this would set enough force free for an outright rebellion...

There is a kind of "civil war" going on at the top but not open yet. It's more a war of manipulation currently than of works. Ted is ruling with an iron fist but there are two other powers in the GB. One power is moderate trying to modernize and think ahead for a "no-show scenario" and then there is the power of this group.

The trigger event I was thinking about must be an external event of global relevance which makes this black-op team come out in an open revolt to split up the Tower. "This generation keeps looking for a sign".

Attorn

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

If Mark Lett has the intristic morals his folks did... I hope he leads the charge.

Religiously misguided? Yea.. I know they are. But his folks were good people and he seemed to be too when he was younger.

Maybe Mark will get out someday...

~Hill

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Stefve Lett not mark

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I've read most of this thread, forgive me if I missed something.

black-op team come out in an open revolt to split up the Tower

In order for that to happen, wouldnt at least half the GB have to be in agreeance with this "black-op" team?

Bye the way, Ive been here for years, and I still dont know what BOE stands for........

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Steve... sorry , senior moment.

I knew Steve and Tim when they were younger. Mark and Jean Lett were nice people...but they were classic 40's and 50's JW's who really believed what that era taught. I think if Mark lived through the society's changes of the last 10 years he'd be appalled.

I hope at least a few current Bethelites see the BS and try to stand up to it. Ray F, Randy and Tom and the crew back in the 80's have to be the tip of some iceberg.

~Hill

• magoo
    magoo

.......buttlight......boe=body of elders.......

magoo

• attorn
    attorn

Buttlight: No, not really. This is why it is "black-op". It is not approved/known of by the leading GB member as far as I'm informed. But, hey, maybe this changed now and therefore the uproar...

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Recently, they had to pay out millions for pedophile cases. They lost the clergy client privileges. The only privilege they managed to maintain was lawyer/client privileges. They want to distance themselves from the congregations. How? by allowing the elders in a congregation to run things autonomously to a great extent. However, there will be one person, who will be appointed by the legal department of the WTas their representative, and all correspondence from the congregation will be handled by this person and forwarded to the legal department in Brooklyn or wherever. These special hired hands will be working solely as legal assistants of the legal departments. All the correspondence will be covered by lawyer/client privilege and will not be opened to scrutinization of any court. These strong armed heavies will be called in from time to time to receive special schooling and instructions, all under the name of the Legal Department.

Pure GENIUS! Did you come up with that on you own or did you hear it?

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Someone needs to put cyanide in Jaracz' kool-aide. All problems solved.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit