News from Mother ship

by jefferywhat 283 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

thanks

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

So what...the Special Week of Activity becomes the "Special Weekend of...Some Guy Checking Up on You"?

What happens to the D.O.?

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It
    1. CO's are going for sure. Responsible elders will be assigned a congregation to serve a Friday to Sunday.

I think this would be good. The fewer institutionalized JWs there are is all the better. Too many out-of-touch COs and DOs promote the rampant, trickle-down, extremism that drove me away. The local BOE pick up on this and often expect it from the congregation. Even Paul, obnoxious as he was, had to hold down a job. I think it'd be good for them to get back into the real world.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Ground control to Major Tom!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

This thread is so cool. It is like mana from heaven.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Interesting news.

Would explain the crackdown on education again.

And as far as Losch being less charismatic than Jaracz - come on! - two peas in a pod there!

Viewing allowing the membership to pursue education beyond high school as an "apostate plot" - it's good to see the WTS is being passed on to such able hands.

I agree with several posters who've commented on these recent changes that there is no rhyme nor reason to this. It's not making sense to me. Maybe it'll get clearer as we learn of more changes, but right now it seems like a bunch of random changes one following another.

Thanks for the info.

S4

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

Take your protein pills and put your helmet on? Is there a space odditity about?

• sir82
    sir82
    Lösch is trying to become the new charismatic leader

So does this mean we can soon expect a "Study Edition" WT article on the evils of American football?

I agree with several posters who've commented on these recent changes that there is no rhyme nor reason to this. It's not making sense to me.

It might makes sense if the above is true. We all know that the GB needs a 2/3 majority to pass new policy. Maybe there is a "Jaracz wing", a "Losch wing", and a group of swing voters who tip the balance one way or the other. In a group as small as the GB, the "swingers" might be just one or 2 persons.

Didn't someone post that Jaracz had heart problems a few years ago? Maybe he is forced to slow down a bit, or maybe it is becoming evident that he won't last much longer, and Losch is making a power play...

• sir82
    sir82
    1. CO's are going for sure. Responsible elders will be assigned a congregation to serve a Friday to Sunday. Friday night is mid week meeting, Saturday is field service then elders meeting, pioneer meeting. Sunday as usual. Half the reason why sunday meeting are shorter and book study dropped is to support this new arrangement.

Don't know how hard it is for you to ask questions of your source, but if possible, it would be interesting to hear the "why" of this.

What is the motivation for such a fundamental change? Save money? Reduce legal liability? Something else?

Also would be interested in hearing the time frame for these proposed changes. If your source has such detailed info, hopefully he would be privy to info on timing as well.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Yes. Jaracz definitely had serious health issues in the last year or two.

S$

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit