News from Mother ship

by jefferywhat 283 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

Kind of like an in house CO?

Makes sense, however, the spin is to lose the ego edge, so maybe this position would be rotated.

• Berea
    Berea

Excuse me..

what is 'PO'? (I'm korean).. sorry..

• freetosee
    freetosee

PO stands for: Presiding Overseer

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Are we taking bets on who's the apostate? Perhaps we can start a poll/lottery? Need something in addition to football pools.

Skeeter

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Can someone please post the pictures of the current governing body members? I can't find that old post...

Skeeter

• watson
  • Rabbit
    Rabbit

Lord PO...must go ?

I always had some issues running around in the back of my JW addled mind about the term "overseers". Even back in my Reg, Pioneer Pre-Armageddon days...that word conjured up faint images of Nazi and southern slave masters.

Ya' think the CO, DO, ZO will go, too ? Please tell me there is an AO ? (Assembly Overseer, you evil 'postates)

Speaking of...

A man and his wife are driving along the highway and pass by a huge Assembly Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses.

The man remarks, "So that's where they make them."

Heheh

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

From what I can gather ( reading between the lines) its a Barr v Jaracz situation.

The writing Dept ( Barr) wants to implement change, and the service committee (Jaracz) does not.

So maybe the ones pushing for change are viewed as apostate or those opposing the changes are apostates.

Who knows, attorn, can you add to this?

• yesidid
    yesidid
    The writing Dept ( Barr) wants to implement change, and the service committee (Jaracz) does not.

This is interesting but not exactly new. Service and writing have had a volatile relationship since Ted J took over the reins of service and

he has always been against change. ISo what is new about the situation?

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

I suppose what is new now is that the GB is entirely new appart from these two guys......maybe Jaracz doesnt have the support with the newer boys in town.

Maybe barr, after years of letting Jaracz lead, has stood up to him? Dont know, but we will find out soon enough.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit