News from Mother ship

by jefferywhat 283 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

I sure hope it hasn't collapsed. And even if it has, once Jaracz is out of the way, it can be rekindled. I can't fathom why everyone is afraid of this ONE MAN! It is beyond me. If I ever saw him, I would spit in his eye.

• Robert7
    Robert7

Sorry because I know it's been covered... but I am aware of the new generation chage, but what is the "new 144,000 understand" change?

• minimus
    minimus

I just read this thread. I was outta town for a few days.

I'm sorry to sound "harsh" here, but do you folks believe everything somebody tells you??? What real evidence does anyone have here?? I think there are some gullible people here. You get 2 posters out of nowhere tell us all the behind the scenes jockeying that's been going on for quite some time now, and all of a sudden, we should accept it as gospel? Something doesn't seem right to this skeptic!

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

are you an enemy of free thought minimus?

I have not come out of nowhere, you remind of those people that have to remind everyone how many generation witness they are, who cares.

In you post you dismiss my original post and Attorns, then you insult other posters by saying they are gullible?

Yeah I am new to this site, but thats a good thing right?

And what I heard was from a reliable source so why not share it, and whilst it doesnt have the detail of Attorns, its news, and people love news.

• minimus
    minimus

Jeff,Sorry if I sound mean here. I believe that someone with just a few posts and someone who just happened to support your comments, who came out of nowhere, is just a little suspicious.

And welcome to the site, guys! There's a lot of predictions that come on board about what's happening in the WT.Society and most predictions or rumors are unfounded.

• belbab
    belbab

Minimus,

Just as the tearoristas know the language of exploasives,

So some have learned the language of rumour.

It does not matter whether the rumour is true or false, it is out there and it directs attention to the possibility of events.

After all did not the Man say, there will be wars and rumours of wars.

Rumours are more effective in creating fear, than the actually event itself.

A few tremors of the top floors at Brooklyn heights, do wonders. A little whisper on the winds in the willows can put an army to flight.

So as to the two posters on this thread, let them be and give them space to be. That is if you want to, that is.

belbab

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Hey, Min, Happy New Year!

I've been skeptical on this thread, but I have to say again that the ideas here are interesting.

As I noted above, and you've probably been aware of this as well, there are definite issues among the elite at Bethel. You may remember our old DO Paul Illingworth. I was his assistant at several district conventions, and got to know him fairly well. Paul served a few years at Bethel in the Writing Dept., but he had trouble with the politics there and decided not to stay.

I've talked enough with Merton Campbell of the Service Dept. and Fred Rusk in Writing to know that there were definite issues between these two departments over the years. I remember once hearing Merton talk about how Service had to double check and approve everything that came out of Writing to make sure stuff wasn't getting into the literature that would cause problems. It was as though Service felt it had to keep a tight rein and close supervision over Writing.

After I faded, I had a long talk with a CO friend who opened up to me that he had tremendous doubts about the WTS, and how upset he was that his last CO school had essentially been a clamping down on the traveling brothers to get everyone away from questions, doubts and freethinking regarding the Governing Body and the directions from "Mother."

I don't believe he's alone, and maybe some of these folks are talking to each other.

The "leadership" at the WTS right now is pathetic. After 125 years with visionary, charismatic men at the helm, there has been nothing like that since Fred Franz died. Schroeder at least had a college degree and served on the NWT committee, but this group now are a bunch of barely high school educated company men. Jaracz is a stand out only because he's a hardass and perhaps a bully. It seems that the company line over the past decade has been to firewall the headquarters organization against possible legal attacks, dumb down the message more than ever, find ways to try to save money in the operations and demonize anything that threatens the Society - higher education, the Internet, the media, questioning and outside research.

These conditions are ripe for dissension, especially among those in the know, and that describes the US Bethel.

I'm not saying that any of this is happening, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if these issues were becoming a concern at Bethel. Some of the friends there are bright - we saw what research did for Barbara Anderson, Ed Dunlap, Ray Franz and others – and they've got to see what a house of cards the 1914 generation, this change in the gathering of the 144,000, the WTS "science" on mankind's origins, a literal Flood and dozens of other WTS teachings are.

Just a few thoughts, and I also welcome these "new" posters and their insights. They are certainly likely to have much more current Bethel connections than those of us who've been out for a few years now. Bethel was always a house of rumors (there used to be a joke that they were constructing a new building at Bethel just to house the rumors!), but a lot of those rumors were based in facts.

S4

• minimus
    minimus

Belbab, I'm not one to easily believe rumors. And especially if the rumors are untrue, I see no good reason to encourage anything that is not factual.

Could the rumors be true? Sure.

Seeker, when YOU put something out or Barbara does, I regard the sources as being accurate. We KNOW who you are, what you're all about!

If the Watchtower is ready to crumble because of all the supposed things happening, I'm sure it will become manifest pretty soon. If not, it won't be the first time I've heard something big was gonna happen and nuthin' did.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Min,

Enjoyed your "rumors from a reliable source" thread!

I understand what you're saying, and will also wait and see if anything comes of this. I wasn't born yesterday. For sure!

S4

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    I agree, everything the WT does is for legal mitigation or financial gain.

ah, yes, the old CYA clause.............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit