News from Mother ship

by jefferywhat 283 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jefferywhat
  • civicsi00
    civicsi00

Keep us posted. Are we going to see some interesting developments in 2008?

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Our evil plan is working my pets!!! I can see it all crumbling at our feet. Then the world will be ours! Grinning

Seriously though, I for one am prepared to welcome to JWD all those who can't handle all the changes. The sudden freedom is scary sometimes.

momz

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

Man, I hate my mac sometimes!

Sorry about the ghost posts.

What I meant to say was to Gill.

I agree, everything the WT does is for legal mitigation or financial gain.

If the elders appear to be more autonomous its creates a nice legal gap.

Under the Rutherford org model, the PO is basically a rep of the WT and acts on their instruction.

Get rid of him, have the elders act as a "body" with no unofficial head and WTBS is protected.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    Get rid of him, have the elders act as a "body" with no unofficial head and WTBS is protected.

This is the part I'm not understanding. Based on what I've read in recent years on this forum, the WTS already seems to be protected whenever members or ex-members bring lawsuits. The local elders are already the main targets, because the courts usually rule that congregation matters are the responsibility of the local elders. It doesn't seem that watering down the role of the Presiding Hounder would change that.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

My first thought was an ego issue. Most of the PO's I knew over the years were full of themselves. But Jeffreywhat brought up what I feel is the basis for all decision at the WTB&TS. The legal issues, and in this case the issue of agency. The congregations are likely to be more autonomous on paper then previously in order to stop the paper trail back to NY. No organization is forcibly made to pay out money and doesn't take sudden action to prevent it from happening again.

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

I agree with wha happened?. This will be spun as a head shrinking exercise, a way of getting rid of pride and ego.

At the last DC, after the drama, the brother said, direct from the script talk, "there is no ladder in Jehovahs organisation".

This is a natural follow on from that, but like most things it masks the true reason, or maybe its a bipartite approach.

Its an interesting development though, cant wait to see the reactions of the RF.

Any bethelites here know more?

Im hearing this from someone very close to the GB so it could be "classified" still.

• badboy
    badboy

APOSTATE IN A HIGH POSITION?

YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS,MAN!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

1. Bethel in NY suspect high level apostate, cant identify it but know its there.

What about Jehovah's Magic Spirit?

Has the GB bothered to ask WHY Jehovah's Magic Spirit has left them, or WHY Jehovah's Magic Spirit is unable to purify the congregation of apostate impurity?

Has it occurred to them that what they are branding apostasy might be Jehovah's Brilliant New Light, and that maybe the reason that it can't be put out is because Jehovah doesn't want it put out, that Jehovah LIKES these apostates more than he likes the withered old fruits of the Governing Body?

Or maybe Jehovah's Magic Spirit has been sleeping, or is on a bender with Joe Rutherford, or has suffered a head injury and can't think clearly? Maybe it got it's foot stuck in a trap, or fell into a well.

THAT'S it! When Lassie says, "Bark bark bark bark bark!" What she means is "Jehovah's Magic Spirit has fallen into a well, and it can't get up!"

• metaspy
    metaspy

If my brother didn't know that I am not going to meetings, he would give me info on what is going on.
    However, he knows and thus I dont get any info.

I do agree that the egos of the PO, SO, and Secretary are all larger than life.
    I have introduced them to a visiting friend before as "Br. Pain-in-the-A$$" and they added on saying "I'm the PO"
    Pride is definitely oozing off of those titles

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit