Hi everyone, I'm Cognac's friend!

by Hypnotic 178 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

Cog ~

Your right, those that are really looking for support and get this, it is really sad...

It's a really tramatic time period in my life right now and I've been fighting off attacks all night. I understand that everyone has there reasons, however, that doesn't take away from the fact that is causes me hurt and pain... Just because somebody else hurt got there feelings hurt does not give them the right to hurt mine.

A lot of people here complain about JWs because they are so judgemental... Something I was trying to get away from myself...

Tula ~

In reply to your insanely vicious comment earlier, I will be sure to notify you when I am verified... Unless, of course, that's just not good enough for you...

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I think Nameless One is a Troll!

Just kidding! Great insights nameless one. Thanks for the voice of reason and sanity. Now if you could just fill out these forms verifying your identity in triplicate....

Cog

• JK666
    JK666

tula,

I just looked at your post on the previous page. Interesting that you would bring this up. Would you like us to analyze you as a poster with that critical an eye? Talk about strange patterns!

JK

• changeling
    changeling

nameless_one: Please "don't throw the baby out with the bathwater".

We are not perfect, but this board is the most helpful tool I have found on the internet to help me cope with my exit.

I am sorry if I for one was a little "touchy" tonight.

We are what we are, and we are mostly good.

changeling

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Cognac

Sorry, if you are feeling a little traumatized right now. Been there. That's why I made the suggestion on your other thread that you take down the intensity level a little. I was worried that I sounded judgemental when everyone else was giving you hi-fi's and kudos. (You might have noticed, I don't like to follow mob hysteria whether it is positive or negative) I know sometimes we have to work up the anger and emotion to find our courage to take action. I did the same thing. In retrospect, I distressed myself and my son a lot. My advice is slow it down a notch. Go inwards, meditate on it, and act when you are ready and in your best interests. Don't give the opinions on this board too much weight. Whether they are encouraging you as in your first thread, or discouraging you as in this thread. You have to live with the consequences of what you do. Follow your own instincts. When you are ready.

Peace,

Cog

• Bryan
    Bryan

Cognac,

This was the first forum I ever posted on, period. It was difficult because you have a few people who feel emboldened, at times, because they can hide behind their computer.

The last burn here about the woman who died of cancer (who never existed) has people on edge.

This is a great place, but as in any family, sometimes you just wish they'd chew their meat and shut up.

Glad to have you both here.

Best,

Bryan

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

As I have stated before, Cognac, Welcome!

I hope that your friend has not given up on the board as a result of this evening's experience.

Let me give you a little run-down - the short and sweet version - that explains the paranoia in part?

A couple of years ago, a poster named Trevor, a real guy, verified by another poster, came here. He posted for a time, seemed very intelligent, was very likable. Over the next few months he began to tell us about another JW, Linda. She was beginning to have doubts, and over a time, she came out of the cult, became his live-in GF, then his wife. They also, eventually, aided another pioneer out of the organization. Her name was Marion.

"Linda" developed pancreatic cancer last year, and slowly at first, and then more rapidly, lost her health, and then her life. I sent them cards and letters. Others sent Linda gifts. At least one poster sent Trevor money to aid his situation after her death. Hundreds of us were drawn into the web - a web of total deceit. There was no Linda. There was no Marion. Trevor did not lose a wife to cancer. The hundreds of posters here who had changed their avatars to purple ribbons in support had been hood-winked, emotionally affected by this hoax. Trevor eventually returned the expensive gifts, and the money. But he left suspicion in the forum.

I stand by what I have stated about you until proven otherwise - I think you are a spunky poster, and have brought a lot of people to attention waiting to find out more about you. I hope you stick around. I am PMing you.

I have to head to work - so good luck. Keep your chin up. Some here are just a little shell-shocked yet over TrevorGate. I look forward to many good posts and topics from you.

Jeff

• changeling
    changeling

Ok guys, help me out. I'm not too "teckie" so I need an explanation. Tula has just modified her earlier post and she claims cognac has 8 different IP addresses. Not to beat a dead horse, and I'm not making any accusations, but what does that mean, really?

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Tula wrote:

To Ohio Cowboy:

To those that made an issue, accused them, and questioned their motives, I would love to know which University you studied Psychology at, and evidently graduated with top honors.

I am sure you did not go to the same school. You would have had to at least complete a high school English course to enroll there. It appears that you aren't able to communicate through a proper sentence. This is a string of run-on thoughts.

University should not be capitalized unless it is followed by a proper noun. "Psychology" is not a proper noun and should not be capitalized, unless, of course, it is the first word in beginning a sentence.

Even though you did not make a complete sentence of the thought, ( "which university you studied psychology at") be advised the rule is that you never end a sentence with a preposition.

Also, you need to make sure all verbs are in the same tense. Your verbs vacillate between present and past tenses.

And just so you can improve your vocabulary, " graduating with top honors" is referred to as summa cum laude.

You're welcome.

Thank you for admitting that you are a pompous A**, albeit it appears that people have already figured that out!!!

• cognac
    cognac

Btw, how did you guys ever catch this Trevor guy?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit