I sure hope Obama is our next President

by Elsewhere 84 Replies latest jw friends

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I would want him for his foresight and knowledge of world affairs. Check this clip from 2002.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhpKmQCCwB8&eurl=

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Anyone who thinks Obama is an extreme Muslim or refuses to place his hand over his heart during the National Anthem, needs to spend some time on Snopes.com

http://search.atomz.com/search/?sp-q=barak+obama&getit=Go&sp-a=00062d45-sp00000000&sp-advanced=1&sp-p=all&sp-w-control=1&sp-w=alike&sp-date-range=-1&sp-x=any&sp-c=100&sp-m=1&sp-s=0

None of these candidates have won me over, but Obama talks a good talk.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Obama says just what I want hear.

I am still undecided, but again and again I find myself drawn to Obama.

Do I want change? Oh hell yeah, I really, really want change.

Do I want someone elected who can bring this country together? Very much so!!

Do I want someone in the White House who actually understands Americans and what is going on with them and what they want? Yes!

Do I want someone elected who I can believe in? Yes, yes, yes.

Against the war from the start, and realistic about what it will take to get us out of there? check.

Democrat? check.

Moderate? check.

I think this is the most excited that I have ever been about an election. I just hope...I hope...I hope...

• juni
    juni

Our President represents many religions and cultures. No one should be set apart. I'm very concerned after reading about the Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago USA the church that Barak Obama is actively a member. If you click on their Mission statement and consider what they're about... it should be deeply concerning. Why? Because they feel "a non-negotiable committment to Africa". Considering the different links on that page and substitute the word, "white", everywhere the word "black" appears.... if this were a white candidate supporting these separatist ideas you'd say, "Never should this person become President."

I'm not against someone choosing for themselves a religion or being proud of their heritage, BUT I am feeling very troubled when they are of the belief that one race is "supreme"/"chosen"/"royal priesthood" over others. This is a dangerous mindset all the way and there is no place for such in a nation's leader.

http://www.tucc.org/home.htm

http://www.tucc.org/about.htm

I encourage you to consider the entire site.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Juni.........I received an email about this, too.

Juni's links should be read by ANYONE even thinking of voting for Obama!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• juni
    juni

actually read about it in a Time or Newsweek mag..... just Googled the church info today.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    I'm not against someone choosing for themselves a religion or being proud of their heritage, BUT I am feeling very troubled when they are of the belief that one race is "supreme"/"chosen"/"royal priesthood" over others.This is a dangerous mindset all the way and there is no place for such in a nation's leader.

I am very interested in this info. I did go to the website linked and found that is a black United Church Of Christ congregation. But I could not see where they are saying one race is "supreme" or "chosen" over another.

This is the only place I see words like you are quoting, and I read "chosen people" here as referring to the Christian faith, not race, at least as I read it:

Trinity United Church of Christ has been called by God to be a congregation that is not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ and that does not apologize for its African roots! As a congregation of baptized believers, we are called to be agents of liberation not only for the oppressed, but for all of God’s family. We, as a church family, acknowledge, that we will, building on this affirmation of "who we are" and "whose we are," call men, women, boys and girls to the liberating love of Jesus Christ, inviting them to become a part of the church universal, responding to Jesus’ command that we go into all the world and make disciples!

We are called out to be "a chosen people"that pays no attention to socio-economic or educational backgrounds. We are made up of the highly educated and the uneducated. Our congregation is a combination of the haves and the have-nots; the economicallydisadvantaged, the under-class, the unemployed and the employable.

The fortunate who are among us combine forces with the less fortunate to become agents of change for God who is not pleased with America’s economic mal-distribution!

W.E.B. DuBois indicated that the problem in the 20th century was going to be the problem of the color line. He was absolutely correct. Our job as servants of God is to address that problem and eradicate it in the name of Him who came for the whole world by calling all men, women, boys and girls to Christ.

Can you please point me to where these things you are talking about are on that site? I am very interested in this and I am trying to make up my mind between Obama and Edwards....but I'm leaning toward Obama. If there is really something to this, I want to see it.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

as a republican and a tendency to be right wing conservative I do admire Obama - would prefer him over Clinton. Also I think we are well overdue for change and change is Obama's central message

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I'll vote for Hillary.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Giuliani and McCain for the idela Republican Ticket

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit