I sure hope Obama is our next President

by Elsewhere 84 Replies latest jw friends

• a Christian
    a Christian

Barack is my favorite Democrat. A great guy and an honest man.

Unfortunately, I believe he may prove to be unelectable due to his full name (first, middle, and last) having by law to appear on all Presidential ballots. Barack Hussein Obama. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama As in Saddam Hussein. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saddam_Hussein
  • bavman
    bavman
    Do you seriously thin Middle America is ready for him?

I don't think Middle America is the problem...Jesusland is the problem... Click on link below...yes it's worth it! http://www.bettybowers.com/nl_redorblue.html

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

OBAMA sin laden

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

It is really ridiculous that a candidates skin colour makes any difference. Policy is what is important. If the republicans refuse to raise taxes, just how is the country going to pay the debt? Everybody wants to take a tax cut, but how do you pay a debt without a tax base? You don't, you declare bankruptcy like millions of Americans. The country is wasting so much money and borrowing it to boot, that China will end up owning what was the richest country in the world.

As far as Huckabee-you tried a born again Christian. Did it help? Are you really better off with the economy now? I thought not.

• flipper
    flipper

Personally, I hope Edwards gets the Democrat nomination- but if not then I hope it will be Obama, not Hillary . I think she would be too influenced by the alleged " secret society". And I won't even mention what scary things will happen if Huckabee gets elected. Think George Bush revisited part 2 ! Evangelical christians scare the hell out of me- and are freaky to boot! If ya don't believe me then go rent the documentary movie , " Jesus Camp", at your nearest Blockbuster video store. Then tell me what you think ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Gopher
    Gopher

Bavman --

That link was hilarious. The Landover Baptist crew are at it again!

However, Obama is Christian, and he did win a caucus (Democratic though it was) in a "red" state. If he can convince Iowa, maybe he has a little more persuasion in his toolbox than we thought.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    When someone comments like "I think America is ready" or "not ready" they are not saying that the thing America is ready for is a qualification. They are honestly assessingthe voting public. America, as a whole, is full of backwoods folks who are afraid of blacks orhomosexuals or Mexicans or middle-eastern folks. We have so many dumb white folks who think that they are still smarter than the average non-white.

An astute observation.

As for myself, I am still wondering whether America is ready for Democracy, let alone a Black or female President. ;)

HS

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Republicans will use scare and shyster tactics

Look, they do this anyway. It won't matter if the candidate is black or white or female or male. The question is: after being duped by Carl Rove and Bush two times, are they going to be foolish enough to fall for such tactics again?

• hubert
    hubert
    I do. I think America is ready for a black President.

A black president that won't salute the American flag, and has a father that is an extremist Muslim.

Good choice.

Hubert

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

Hubert- So what? My parents are extremist JWs but that certainly doesn't affect how I go about doing things in my life. Why should Obama's father's religion be a factor? I read that he went to Christian schools while living in Indonesia a primarily Islamic country. Not that that is any better to me. I'd prefer to see an Agnostic/Athiest President but that'll never happen. As for the not saluting the flag (ONCE), I don't think that equates with being a bad leader. It's for show anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit