I sure hope Obama is our next President

by Elsewhere 84 Replies latest jw friends

• Gregor
    Gregor

It is not a great leap for me to interpret the question as referring to race since everyone else who has ever asked me the question was referring to race.

That was my point to begin with

• a Christian
    a Christian

In the debate tonight I heard Obama say that if he were president, he would begin by "REDUCING OUR NUCLEAR ARSENAL BY 50% THEN PRESSURING OTHER COUNTRIES TO DO THE SAME". At least Hillary had to good sense to realize we can't just "lay down our arms" and expect radicals to do the same.

• KenseiShimonzu
    KenseiShimonzu

I'm with you on Obama Else...I'm just so sick of the country being repeatedly run into the ground by guys like Bush,especially after all of their good huckster campaign trail speeches,so for my first year of voting i'm looking at either Obama or Hillary..at this pint,i'm not even considering the others because as far as i'm concerned,they've all had their shots..now it's time for some new faces and ideas.

@ Freudian

From what i gather about the poll info you posted,the feeling is that in the Black community,if Hillary got elected(again) then she'd bring back an era of prosperity that was perceived during the 1st Clinton era. And it's no secret,most Blacks will tell you..they loved the Clinton Era,lmao.

Ultimately though,i gotta say...the one who's going to get my vote,is the one who has a plan to end the pretend war,as well as all the other senseless,and wasteful bullsh!t "Curious George" has instituted during his reign(#1 is the TSA),bring our people home,stop giving away money that we don't have to countries that don't need or deserve it...all while our economy waves at Davey Jones as it continues further down....and gimme some regular at the pump for $1.09 gal...just a few things i want to hear about..don't want to hear anything about anymore damn wars..unless someone comes here. Other than that,let people run their own countries,as we run our own,stop playing "World Police"-KS.

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

Kensei- LOL.. I agree that most Blacks loved the Clinton era. Although he wasn't the best husband, I appreciated him as a President in many respects. Still, Hillary is not my first choice. My primary draw to Obama is his stance on healthcare. I, personally, want the country headed towards a nationally funded healthcare program SIMILAR (but not identical) to Canada and England. He is the closest front-runner to my ideal. As for my comment about Blacks liking Clinton best I posted that just to counter someone's claim earlier that Obama appeals to Blacks SIMPLY because he is Black. If he were a Republican and Black I doubt this claim would have been made besides the fact that some polls show that Clinton (a White lady) appeals to more Blacks than Obama.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I think Amerika is run by someone other than the president. A puppet master. Any canidate who would try to make things better for the American people, Dennis Kucinich or Ron Paul doesnt have a chance.

Any canidate who has a chance to win is approved by the puppet master.

If Obama has a chance to win, Then he is not for the American people. He is for the puppet master.

He might be the favorite canidate of the sheeple which the puppet master approves.

But if its not Kucinich or Ron Paul, it will be just like the Who song " Wont get fooled again"

"Meet the new boss, Same as the old boss."

Who is the puppet master?

• Gregor
    Gregor

Who is the puppet master?

Frank Oz

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

So if he wins...who is really running the country...Him or Oprah???? How beholden is he to the person who is putting his popularity at an all time high? YUCK

Leslie

• rassillon
    rassillon

Wabbit.....regarding Obama I had the same thought....I am a white male who has an affinity for the black female. I have thought about the eventuality of my (possible future) offspring and what will be their experience in society. If you are half and half why must a narrow view prevail that you must be classified as one or the other. Further said offspring would need to be prepared for the narrow-mindedness of individuals. Hopefully they will inherit my individuality and inner strength so as not to really care what others think.

Society seems to be obsessive compulsive in categorizing things. Even things which are just social constructs.

Universal Health Care (UHC) will not fix the underlying problems which make health care expensive. Further UHC will not provide the type of health care people think. To control spending caps and limits on the types and amounts of procedures allowed will be put in place. Sounds OK until you or you family member are the one who can't get a transplant, operation, etc because the quota has been met for this quarter/year/whatever. Oh, you could die without it....so could the other people in line ahead of you....Sorry, you are just a number. Fact: Services MUST be paid for. When the money runs out so does the coverage.

The US Dollar is a fantasy currency. It is backed by nothing. In 2001 it was about 85cents to the Euro now it is closing in on double that ~1.47. That was with the US having a "good economy" now with a possible down turn the outlook is less promising. They are going to lower interest rates again which means the private bank who prints the US Dollar, the "Federal Reserve Bank" is going to print more money. That means that each dollar you have will be worth less.

I don't see anyone who has a plan to fix let alone acknowledges the problems our country faces except for Ron Paul.

Maybe I can convert all my savings into euros....?

• rassillon
    rassillon

KenseiShimonzu....Sounds like you should look at Ron Paul. He is the only candidate on either side who will get us out of the war quickly and would not run around trying to start new wars. In fact he wants to bring home troops from all over the world and shut down bases in other countries.

Don't take my word for it go to his web site and read his positions and youtube him and hear his words.

He is the only one who will take a stance and say I will bring them home almost immediately.

He is the only one who answers about new wars that it is a Constitutional requirement that Congress declare war before the President can take any action unless there are attacking forces on US soil. He feels that policing the world in not the job of the US.

Again, don't take my word for it. Do research.

• rassillon
    rassillon

Elsewhere,

Hey there fellow Texan!

Although I feel you have a very valid explanation, I think "technically" you have to concede this one.

I know I am butting my big nose into y'alls conversation..... :)

Correction, Else. You made the assumption that skin color was what was being referred to.

Keep in mind that I am in Texas. I have had this conversation with quite a few people here in the south. Nearly everyone asks the question: "Do you think America is ready for Obama?" and are always referring to race. I know this because I always ask for them to clarify or they specifically refer to him being black.

It is not a great leap for me to interpret the question as referring to race since everyone else who has ever asked me the question was referring to race.

</QUOTE>

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit