What book are you reading right now?

by Wordly Andre 105 Replies latest jw friends

• JK666
    JK666

Just got "The Orwellian World of Jehovah's Witnesses" by Heather and Gary Botting.

Thank you Walter! I am about 50 pages into it, and only got it this afternoon.

John

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Hey JK666

I read that in the summer. It's great if you read 1984 before or after. Makes so much more sense.

Cog

• Confession
    Confession

"The Key: The Missing Secret for Attracting Anything You Want," by Joe Vitale.

also... "Your Brain is (Almost) Perfect: How We Make Decisions," by Read Montague.

later I'll read... "The Kite Runner," by Khaled Hosseini.

• llbh
    llbh

Hi Confesson,

I read Kite Runner and really enjoyed it

regards llbh

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

I have also read Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert - thoroughly enjoyed it! About 3/4 of the way through "My Year of Meat" and also reading Supernanny (in an attempt to tame my toddler!)

• Gill
    Gill

'The Secret History of the World' - It's a study of secret societies and eosoteric thinking and how it has influenced the development of the human mind.

Totally wow! I thought this book would be boring and rubbish but it is totally amazing! You cannot read this book without having your view of the world totally changed.....permanantly! I recommend it to anyone who wants to know why we do and think and behave and even believe the ways that we do!

• ninja
    ninja

in the bathroom......the lost keys of freemasonry...manly p hall,the secret language of art...sarah carr gomm and the complete guide to stargazing...robin scagell
    upstairs...sex and rockets (the occult world of jack parsons)....jon carter and robert anton wilson,king charles the 2nd...antonia fraser and astrotheology and shamanism by jan irvin and andrew rutajit
    btw.......whatever takes my fancy at the time I read

• erandir
    erandir

Just finished reading The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain for the first time. Now I'm reading The Prince and the Pauper by the same.

• poppers
    poppers

Just finished The Golden Compass- I thought it was great. I started reading Flags of Our Fathers

• PrimateDave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit