What book are you reading right now?

by Wordly Andre 105 Replies latest jw friends

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Just finished Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone for the first time. That was pure pleasure. I can't believe I gave up reading that to be a part of a cult. Before that, I read Bryan's book about being abducted as a kid: Have You Seen My Mother. That was an awesome book too.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Abandoned, OMG I love Harry Potter, I have all of them. You are going to love reading the series, funny thing is I had JW family stay the night and didn't want to stay in our extra bedroom because that is where I have all our books, and because the Harry Potter Collection was in the same room, I had to move them to the living room. Silly

• restrangled
    restrangled

A Thousand Splendid Suns, author of the Kite flyer. I tend to read 2 books at a time the other is Walking in Circles before lying down by Merrill Markoe.

r.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

A Time to Tear Down and a Time to Build Up: A Re-reading of Ecclesiastes by Michael V Fox

It's a theology book but very readable and I reckon even some of the atheists here would enjoy it.

It really does bring the Book of Ecclesiastes into everyman's terms, which was its original intention.

• slmdf
    slmdf

I'm currently reading and re-reading "Conversations with God" Books 1, 2 and 3 concurrently. Fabulous!

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

The Golden Compass - I am slow.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

How is the Golden Compass?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Next to my bedside and being read are:

Human Action A Treatise on Economics by Ludwig Von Mises

"Orthodoxy" by G.K. Chesterton

The Catechism of the Catholic Church

The Federalist Papers

An Alaska travel guide.

Burn

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I'm currently reading and re-reading "Conversations with God" Books 1, 2 and 3 concurrently. Fabulous!

I have the first volume, interesting to say the least.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy
    How is the Golden Compass?

Good so far -- I'm not usually much for the fantasy stuff - but I find I am quite enjoying it...I could be really dense, or just not far enough along in it but I am not getting the big athiest vibe the author and all the detractors of the book say there is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit