What book are you reading right now?

by Wordly Andre 105 Replies latest jw friends

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    Abandoned, OMG I love Harry Potter, I have all of them. You are going to love reading the series, funny thing is I had JW family stay the night and didn't want to stay in our extra bedroom because that is where I have all our books, and because the Harry Potter Collection was in the same room, I had to move them to the living room. Silly

It was a great read. I read it in about three days or so. That was not reading all the time too. jw are always talking about how superstitious the world is. But they are more so than any other group I've met.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Fray (Joss Whedon -graphic novel)

1602 (Neil Gaiman -graphic novel)

Absolute Sandman Vol.2 (Neil Gaiman -graphic novel, what can I say I'm on a kick right now, those things are ADDICTIVE!!!)

Crystal Cave (Mary Stewart, an Arthurian story)

A Hat Full of Sky (Terry Pratchett)

Dune: Battle of Corrin (Brian Herbert, well, trying with this one. I think Brian missed the boat a bit, so I'm just slogging through the last 1/2 so I can finish the series.)

on audiobook:

Einstein
    Some pahlaniuk shorts

At this point I'm starting to get a little bit confused. Usually I don't have more than 2 books and 1 audiobook going at once, but I got on this comic thing, then I read Wee Free Men on the airplane from Texas and HAD to read the next book, etc. HA!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

graphic novel, what can I say I'm on a kick right now, those things are ADDICTIVE!!!

I like them too, Persepolis is one of my all time favorite books, can't wait to see the movie.

• Odrade
    Odrade

I've heard of persepolis, but haven't looked for it yet. Thanks for the reminder, I'll add it to the list.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Eat, Pray, Love

"The Pillars of the Earth", Ken Follett

• juni
    juni

Thanks for the reminder about Neil Gaiman. I requested his book, AMERICAN GODS, from the library and I see the request did not go through. I have to reorder it.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Almost finished with "NEXT". Will pick back up on Einstein which I am determined to finish and I am 3/4 way through. Waiting on the night table is the new Ken Follet book, "World Without End"

• FadingAway
    FadingAway

I just finished "Mystic River" by Dennis LeHane, I never saw the movie. I have just now started "The Golden Compass" and will be moving on to "Tripwire" by Lee Child.

• eclipse
    eclipse
    Just finished Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone for the first time. That was pure pleasure. I can't believe I gave up reading that to be a part of a cult.

Me too!!!

When did you finish reading it? I have been really sick and I finished reading it in the middle of the night this past sunday. What a great read! I can't wait to read the next book....

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Me too!!!

When did you finish reading it? I have been really sick and I finished reading it in the middle of the night this past sunday. What a great read! I can't wait to read the next book....

I finished it Thursday night (27th) before bed. I had the final fifty pages or so to read and I zoomed through it. I did know what was coming from having seen the movie and all, but I really did enjoy what I was reading. It truly was a treat. I don't know when I'll start the next ones, but I'm going to see if I can do all seven books.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit