What book are you reading right now?

by Wordly Andre 105 Replies latest jw friends

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I am reading Buried Alive: The Terrifying History of Our Most Primal Fear, it's really cool

• uninformed
    uninformed

just starting, NEXT- by M Crichton.

b

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

"Deer Hunting With Jesus", Joe Bageant -- good, but in small doses. I'm crawling through it.

"Next", Michael Crichton -- Good, like anything else he writes. I'm tearing through it.

Dave

• llbh
    llbh

Just finished Run by Ann Patchett, a lovely read. Also White Teeth - Zadie Smith - very funny, it features a JW and a Muslim as two of the central characters

regards llbh

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

'The Rule of Four' by Caldwell and Thomason. It's a pretty good read.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

The Probiotics Revolution: The Definitive Guide to Safe, Natural Health Solutions Using Probiotic and Prebiotic Foods and Supplements[Hardcover]
    By: Gary B. Huffnagle (Author), Sarah Wernick (Author)

An excellent book for anyone with allergies, hayfever or an autoimmune disease.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I'm 1/2 way through the Crisis of Conscience book...

• JeffT
    JeffT

I never read one book at a time. Right now I'm reading "Boom - voices of the sixties" by Tom Brokaw and "Shattered Sword" by Parshall and Tully.

Mrs. Jones "The Rule of Four" is about ten times better than the Da Vinci code, for my money.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

The Plot Against America by Philip Roth - interesting alt-history novel set in the late 1930's on into the 1940's, with the alternative scenario being, what would have happened if the US had elected a fascist president who was friendly with Hitler and kept the US out of WWII. I gave it as a xmas gift to my stepdad last year, not realizing that the novel is pretty anti-Republican (stepdad is a 'pub). The writing is high quality, but not overloaded with metaphors and fancy prose that seem to be designed to impress other writers, which is something I've experienced with some modern fiction novels.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The Golden Compass

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit