GOOD MORNING FROM ENGLAND

by Dansk 79 Replies latest jw friends

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic
    enjoying my coffee before I have to hit the stores

Hit the stores?? Doesn’t that mean robbery?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Morning, Dansk!

Its raining here. We expecting a high of 80 Farenheit!

Burn

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Hit the stores?? Doesn’t that mean robbery?

LOL, here it means going shopping, which does sort of feel criminal to me anyway, so yeah, call me Bonnie and find me a Clyde, would be cheaper that way at least!

• chickpea
    chickpea

good morning from the shores of the upper lake!

kids off to school and a pleasant IM chat with a dear mate in littleborough, in the greater manchester area, so i have already heard that winters arrival is heralded by frigid conditions!

hope the day has fared well for you......

• Quandry
    Quandry

Hey ya'll from Texas.

I woke up because I needed a pain pill. I had a complete hysterectomy on the 12th and am now recovering. It's not so bad. (once the pain pills kick in). I get to be out of work for several weeks.

I have been reading many interesting things.The new National Geographic is about strange new dinosaur finds. I love to read about them and find them fascinating. They were all over the earth. Recently, some different types of fossils have been found in the Sahara desert. Wow.

I am also reading Clan of the Cave Bear, by Jean M. Auel. It is interesting. I never knew there could be so much imagination put into a book about prehistoric man. It was published in 1980, and was apparently a best-seller. I am a bit behind in my reading, since for over thirty years I would have been too guilty to read such worthless, "worldly" books. Ha!

My wonderful daughter also got me a large book on Castles of the World. Of course, many of them are in England and Scotland. I am looking forward to reading it and looking at all the incredible pictures. I'd love to come see some in person one day.

Two days ago I sat outside in the backyard to read, as it was almost 80 degrees. Not today, though! After rain, it is quite chilly. But it does make it seem more like Christmas. We have our first tree, with ornaments we each picked out, and it has little built in lights. We actually put it up at the end of November, so it would be finished before my operation. We turn the lights on first thing each morning. I saw my twenty year old daughter hug the tree before bed one night.

It is so getting better......thanks for asking.......

• MissingLink
    MissingLink
    It never snows here
    Are you serious?

I think the last snow I saw here was 6 years ago. We got the rain alright - it just rarely goes below freezing.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Missing Link, I would be happy to ship some of ours to you, C.O.D. of course! We have a few feet of it, sigh.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Missing Link, I would be happy to ship some of ours to you, C.O.D. of course! We have a few feet of it, sigh.

Ahh crap, double post. This computer bites.

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic
    call me Bonnie and find me a Clyde

So while you are "hit the stores" you want me to "hit on the boys"??

I don’t think so Bonnie!!!!!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Good morning Ian, Yes I am up!!! Having breakfast looking out the window with LOADS of snow UGH!
    Icicles hanging so low from the roof! You are so fortunate not to have this stuff!
    I hope this is going to be a good day for you & Claire.
    Got lovely cards today from you & Viv
    So nice to be called Gran again

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit