GOOD MORNING FROM ENGLAND

by Dansk 79 Replies latest jw friends

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

Morning Ian!

I'm up, but very late and lazy today as it's the first of my 10 days off work WOOHOO!!!

Downside is kids are off school and already driving me nuts

Poppy xxx

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hello Everyone,

Jolly frosty outside and quite cold so I'll shortly be having a

Poppy, TEN DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!, wow, you're fortunate - though I appreciate what it's like with a houseful of kids

I'm reading a good book at the moment. Can't do much else until I'm fighting fit again. Oh, I can come here, too!

Snow in Holland, eh, Viv! Perhaps we'll get snow at Christmas after all.

Here's to a great day for you all.

I'll go have that now.

Ian

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Good morning from Ireland. It never snows here.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi ML,

It never snows here

Are you serious?

Ian

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Good Morning to you Ian! It's 27 f here in Michigan. Mild weather for us. Still have a foot of snow on the ground from last weekend. I'm usually up around 6 am out time. I'm getting ready for work and leave here a5round 8 or so. I enjoy your posts, and in time I will be posting more in depth thoughts on my life as a jw. Currently however, family prohibits me from revealing to much more. My life as a jw has been a roller coaster much like many other here. Take care. Have a good day all. To all in the U.K. I believe it is Gday.

nomoreguilt

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

It’s the Ozzies that say "gday".

We would be more inclined to say "have a pleasant day", usually in a real pompous snooty English accent.

I would like to know if we are known by the Ozzies as "poms" because we are so pompous? Be nice to think so.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Nomoreguilt,

Great to hear from you.

To all in the U.K. I believe it is Gday.

G'day is an Australian expression. Mornin' is English (silent 'g').

Strange, isn't it. Good day is an old conventional English expression of greeting OR farewell used during the day.

Ian

• free2think
    free2think

Good Morning Ian.

Ok so i jsut got up, i know really bad, and the sun is shining but its freezing inside my flat. And i juat had to tell one of my neighbours guests to get the hell outside and stop smoking outside my door ( it is illegal now afterall). He was blowing the smoke straight in, and it wasnt a 'normal' cigarette.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Ya! ya got me there, just a little brain dead this morning. I know better than that. Must be the crocadile dundee influence and all the Forsters commercials we get here. Personnally I prefer Whitbread, or Doublr Diamond.

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

The other one is "How do" in the deepest tone you can muster up.

The polite reply to that remark is "not so bad" or "ney so bad" as you northerners would say.

Double Dimond!! Can't remember the last time I saw a can of that. Been a while since you've been here then?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit