How long have you been out now?

by hillbilly 79 Replies latest jw friends

• Priest73
    Priest73

Last meeting was in the spring of 1999. May have been that memorial. I honestly don't know my status. Don't care.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I made my stand 2 years 5 months ago & got dfed. I wouldn't do anything different either - I saw their true colours.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

went inactive in september 2002, joined in 2003 the memorial and that was it.

A general question - Is anyone on this site actually in good standing with their congregation?

actually, I am still greeted and invited for coffee aso, I still have friends there - that's why I don't da myself.

• Dansk
    Dansk
    actually, I am still greeted and invited for coffee aso, I still have friends there - that's why I don't da myself.

Right to tell!

Ian

• Dansk
    Dansk

5 years next February!

Cry FREEDOM!

Ian

26 years ago, at the age of 15 (I was born into this cult but was never baptized) I came home from shopping with mom to find 5 elders waiting in our living room. They asked if they could have a "word with me," then proceeded to threaten me that if I didn't stop associating with my best friend, an unbaptized fader my age, they would "announce [my] name from the platform and none of the brothers and sisters [would] associate with me." I was extremely rebellious and hated my involvement with the JWs, so I told them, "go ahead and announce my name, I don't want to associate with any JWs anyway." They never did DA me, despite the threats, and despite the fact that a few months later, when my PO father had the CO over at our house, I told the CO and his wife to "get the fuck out of our house."

Fast forward to today; during the last year, I've lost both of my parents who I loved dearly despite our religious differences. As I went through their remaining possessions and did some heavy reflection, I couldn't help but be very angry over the impact this cult had on my life. It divided our immediate family, alienated our extended family, deprived us of quality family time, made much of my childhood miserable, hurt our family financially, and inflicted severe emotional trauma on my siblings that has really negatively impacted their adult lives.

Over a quarter century has passed, and the only regret I have about leaving the Watchtower cult is that I wasn't able to do it earlier.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Born in.....

Been gone for 6yrs, 3mths, and 19 days!!! df'd...

Babygirl....

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I quit going to meetings shortly after I started posting here.....went to one memorial.

I still have witnesses visit me and encourage me and leave me literature.

My sympathies for the loss of your parents.

purps

• misguided
    misguided

Officially since September 2001. DF'd.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Physically 3 months. Mentally over a year. I am a fader and still in "good standing".

Last Memorial: 2007
    Last District Convention: Summer 2007
    Last Circus ASSembly/SAD: October 2006
    Last Reported Field Circus: August 2007
    Last ActualField Circus: December 2006
    Last Public Talk Spewing I Gave: Fall 2007
    Last Hounders Meeting with Hounder Hounder: December 2006

Last Meeting Attended: Public Talk Spewing: September 23, 2007 9:00a.m. Walked out of Puketower"Study" and walked toward...

....Freedom: September 23, 2007 at 9:50 a.m.

Freedom is Priceless..never let anyone take it from you.

Snakes ()

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit