How long have you been out now?

by hillbilly 79 Replies latest jw friends

• freydi
    freydi

July 4, 2005 DA'd

• tank
    tank

Last time out in service around 1988 Last time at a meeting 1999. Inactive for over 10 years! DF 2001

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle

14 years faded with an 'I don't care' attitude now. It took moving almost 180 miles away from the family to make it happen. Moving an additional 600 miles away and staying gone for almost 10 years sealed the deal.

I wish I'd had the guts to DA or get DF'ed but I just didn't have the strength in me. Oh well, the end result is the important thing, gone is gone.

• crashfire451
    crashfire451

Walked away in '98, remained 'inactive' for 3 years until I was DA'd for joining the Corps. Interestingly, the last congregation I attended was told I had disassociated myself....which I suppose in effect I did my joining the military, though this wasn't mentioned. I wasn't notified (not that it would have made any difference) but found out through a friend.

• Marjorie
    Marjorie
    A general question - Is anyone on this site actually in good standing with their congregation?

I am. The initial reason why began to miss meetings was because of an recurring illness. This illness actually saved my life, because while I was recuperating, it gave me a chance to sit back and ponder the inconsistencies of being in ''the Truth''. There were days that I was better, but on those days I was not keen on going to the meetings. Subconsciously my mind was rejecting all of the lies. I did a lot of research (how I wish this information was available before I joined!), and I made the decision to leave, once and for all. The elders know of my illness, which is why they don't fuss with me. When I see them, I'm respectful, but I keep them at a distance. I feel for the average JW who doesn't the know of the horrific history of this cult. I long to tell my relatives and friends of the real truth behind the WTS. It took me a while to come to my senses, but I'm glad I did!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

1. Learned about a JW child molestation case in the news in August 2002.
    2. Followed the case and started reading ex jw sites. Threw BS out of my home November 2002. Stacked the BS chairs on the conductors porch, blocking entrance to his home.
    3. Saw Fifth Estate program about JW child abuse Jan. 29 2003. Decided I could no longer publicly identify myself as a JW. Stopped FS and, when requested, turned in FS reports with zeros in all columns.
    4. Went to first ex-jw meetup in March 2003.
    5. Went to special talkā„¢ in April 2003. That was my last meeting.
    6. DA'd June 2003 by sending the elders a letter warning them to stop phoning and tresspassing on my property.

W

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

10 month fade.

Yahoo!

Burn

• Marjorie
    Marjorie

By the way, my official " coming-out day" was November 21, 2007. That morning, I called my Mom and told her, that's it, I won't put up with this anymore!

That evening, she called me about a report on NBC Nightly News...

• Grammy
    Grammy

Happily disassociated since the year 2000...I don't even remember what month it was that I mailed my letter. I had a copy of it on my computer but lose it due to a crash.

• llbh
    llbh

Welcome twisted sister.

Faded about 8 years wife and daughter still in and active 2 sons out

llbh

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit