How long have you been out now?

by hillbilly 79 Replies latest jw friends

• twistedsister
    twistedsister

Momz - how long were you in?

I've been reading some of your earlier posts and lady you crack me up! You have an awesome sense of humor!

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

yea..but we KNEW you were trouble!

~Hill

• twistedsister
    twistedsister

A general question - Is anyone on this site actually in good standing with their congregation?

• Smiles_Smiles
    Smiles_Smiles

Let me start count ...

3 years 4 months 1 day ~ since I walked away happily free of it.

Smiles

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

While still in, I (and others) spent years openly questioning the beliefs in light of obvious differences with Scriptural teachings, to which there were of course never any answers.

I (and others) then spent years openly criticizing those teachings to the many who would listen, using Scriptures to prove that the JWs were in error.

I finally left when I realized that "the truth" didn't care about the truth, but rather what some delusional bunch of old fogeys in Brooklyn NY had invented as their brain-washing propaganda to fleece the flock and prevent their flock's salvation through Christ.

That was around 9 years ago. Two others left at the same time. Then more. And more.

Me and one of the others who left at the same time are now called "the worst of apostates" because, ironically, we chose to follow the Bible's teachings rather than those of the men in Crooklyn. We are blamed for nearly everyone who exits the JWs around these parts. But it's really just more people waking up to JW lies.

BA

• anewme
    anewme

December 21, 2000.......thrown to the road! (After 35 years of faithful service)

Tried for six months to get reinstated in 2005 and attended every meeting, but one day, after leaving a particularly boring meeting and an unfriendly atmosphere towards me, asked myself "why?" and never went back again.

Most days I never think of the JW religion now nor the family and friends I left behind.

• twistedsister
    twistedsister

Most days I never think of the JW religion now

I wish I could say the same - having been born and bred a witness, I find it still colors almost every part of my life - which makes it difficult when you are trying to be a sinner! lol j/k

• footstepfollower
    footstepfollower

Faded since 03

• Serg
    Serg

Going on 6 months.... currently faking since there's no room to fade yet.

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

6 years, 4 months.. booted and proud of it! :-D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit