How long have you been out now?

by hillbilly 79 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

• 1995 change in 'Generation' began to bug me.
    • 1995-2000 approx began to look into why the annointed never seemed to die out.
    • 2001 Got the internet, still afraid to look at it much. Continued to build on my doubts.
    • 2003 Began to read CoC and ISoCF
    • 2004 [January] Finished CoC and ISoCF and knew I would never go back - began the fearful 'fade' not sure of where I was going
    • 2007 [October] Busted by elders, forced to either DA or be DF'd as apostate. DA'd
    • Day after that was Independence Day. Amen and thank God.

Jeff

• Mum
    Mum

Since June of 1979 - 28.5 years. In from April 1963 to June 1979. Congratulations to all of you more recent escapees! Welcome to freedom!

So happy to be happy and free,

SandraC

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

16 years, 1 month. Booted.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

17 years

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

in 25 years, out now 26 years - I just lost interest and no one cared enough about me to even follow up. Lucky me!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Eight years last October. I wrote a DA letter.

• ferret
    ferret

Booted in 1980, almost 28 years ago. Best thing that ever happened to me.

Woody(my real nickname)

• DubNoMo
    DubNoMo

Watchtower Slave 1969-1980, elder for two of those years. Walked out the door one day and never looked back.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Born into it , left 30 years ago......never been happier

• Aphrodite
    Aphrodite

I say 8 years but really I started to leave mentally and emotionally around 1995. My Hubby was DF'd last year for saying to the elders on the phone that he didn't know if evolution was true or not and refusing to meet about it. The elders recently told my mum she should treat me the same as him so I guess they regard me as DA'd.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit