I love debating with Liberals

by Junction-Guy 150 Replies latest jw friends

• brinjen
    brinjen
    Another JG thread that screams "HELP".

• Mincan
    Mincan

Yea just looking at your attire I might have guessed you a 'publican.

• Sawyer
    Sawyer

"won't" is a contraction for will not - JK666 - at least in my dictionary. Maybe my dictionary speaks hickese?

What frightens me is that people look at their tax refund and use that as a barometer. That's what republican 'tax breaks' are always about. Take more now, so I can give a little back later...they will think I gave them a tax break!!! And, they rarely do notice as evidenced by our thread starter. Scary.

• brinjen
    brinjen

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Conservatives think "me", liberals think "we". Thank you for proving my point JG.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

*500 bucks is alot of money when you are poor, at least Bush did something for us.*

I made more money when Clinton was president as well...But my circumstances were different and I lived in another state.

500 bucks does do alot for someone when they are poor. It might be easier to keep someone poor and give them 500 bucks to "feel good" Let them think something has really been done for them.....Like giving a baby a pacifier...Temporarily keeps them from crying but does nothing for the hunger.

And truthfully JG, I am not trying to pick on you with this statement, But it seems you would become established in who you were as a person, clear up the confusion of your sexuality and who you are, firmly rooted in your beliefs that way. Before you became so fully righteous and judgmental politically. I don't understand that.

If you ever made a statement about dope and birkenstocks around the Baptist hospitol I just worked at you might get lynched there.

I smoked more dope than I ever did in my life in a pair of cowboy boots and hat........while never smoking any in my birkenstocks. So, when I look at your pic, my first reaction is not that you smoke dope. So, I would hope you could do something about your stereotyping people by their dress.

purps

• JK666
    JK666

Sawyer,

Apostrophe's help, but won't is not a proper contraction. Go and ask any English teacher their opinion. And J-G never uses the apostrophe.

JK

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

"Those that hate christianity,"
    This has nothing to do with liberalism

"those that believe in Atheism,"
    Again, nothing to do with liberalism. Plus, Atheism is the opposite of belief. It is the refusal to believe in God without compelling evidence. And no, "just look around you!" isn't good enough.

"those that are against defending our country,"
    Absolutely wrong and you're using slippery words. What exactly is your definition of "defending our country?" Most liberals are against the neo-conservative idea of spreading their brand of authoritarian pseudo-democracy by means of armed force. Invading Iraq was in no way, shape or form "defending our country." Iraq was no threat to us. There were NO weapons of mass destruction, an there was NO significant Al-Quaeda presence either. If you believe otherwise, you are a willfully ignorant fool.

"those that want to ban the pledge of allegiance,"
    The objection to the pledge of allegiance to SOME atheists (which again, this issue has NOTHING to do with liberalism) is the phrase "under God," which was ADDED to the oath in the 1950's as part of the "red scare." I would love to see the removal of that spurrious phrase birthed by ignorance an fear that would result in a restoration of the original pledge of alliegance that doesn't alienate over 20 million Americans.

"those that want to remove God from all public places. These are what I call liberals."
    Please, PLEASE take an American History course. This country was not founded on Christianity, as evidenced by the Treaty of Tripoli which reads, "The United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion." Those words were penned by Thomas Jefferson himself. The founding fathers held a variety of religious beliefs, many of whom were deists (believed in the possibility of God existing, but not that he has anything to do with the affairs of men).

For the record, I am an Atheist and best described as a paleo-conservative (e.g. Ron Paul, Pat Buchanan). I believe in minimal government intervention, strong state government, and weak federal government. I believe government programs should be centered around helping the citizenry, not subsidizing businesses that aren't competant enough to keep themselves afloat. I believe we need free health care a lot more than we need corn subsidies or war spending. I believe in the 2nd amendment just as much as I believe in the 1st because I know it wasn't talking about hunting rifles. I believe that religion should be tolerated but no one religion should be endorsed by the state. I had an objection to that judge having the ten commandments monument at the courthouse because the intent behind it was a religious one. If he had a monument to the ten commandments as well as, say Hamurrabi's law code (the oldest known laws in existence, yes even older than the ten commandments), I would have no objection because the intent would be a historical one.

I think your problem is that you have a very polarized view of how government should view religion. You seem to think that if the government doesn't fully endorse Christianity, then it is completely rejecting it. The United States was meant to have a government that is neutral of religion. Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion (meaning, will not establish an "official" religion) or prohibiting the free exercise thereof. Thomas Jefferson coined the phrase "Separation of Church and State." Melding the churches with the government is harmful to both. Should we allow prayer in schools? Guess what? We already do! Any child is completely free to pray on his/her own in school if they so choose. It doesn't need to be led by the teacher or endorsed by the school board. I have no problem with Christianity, Islam, or Buddhism or anything. Everyone can worship freely here, but don't cry and complain because some people want to restore this government to a neutral stance and knock your religon of it's favored pedestal it shouldn't have had in the first place.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Kentucky...11 million people, 6 last names.

Dave...you are a easteern KY conservative? Its easy for you folks to be Baptist Republicans on the god guts and glory platform while your counties suck up Federal welfare as fast as states with a tax base can send it down.

Carter County KY... not a black man is sight and 75 percent of the folks are on aid or welfare of some type... and most who vote are registered republicans.

I dont think if I was you I'd debate anyone from a conservative platform... religious fundy maybe. Dont get the 2 confused.

~Hill

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

Oppression is the holy law
    In God I distrust
    In time His monuments will fall
    Like ashes to dust
    Is war and greed the masters plan?
    The bible's where it all began
    Its propaganda sells despair
    And spreads the virus everywhere

Religion is hate
    Religion is fear
    Religion is war
    Religion is rape
    Religion's obscure
    Religion's a whore

The pestilence is Jesus Christ
    There never was a sacrifice
    No man upon the crucifix
    Beware the cult of purity
    Infectious imbecility
    I've made my choice. Six six six

(Lead - Hanneman)

Corruption breeds the pedohile
    Don't pray for the priest
    Confession finds the lonely child
    God preys on the weak
    You think your soul can still be saved
    I think you're fucking miles away
    Scream out loud here's where you begin
    Forgive me father for I have sinned

Religion is hate
    Religion is fear
    Religion is war
    Religion is rape
    Religion's obscure
    Religion's a whore

The target's Fucking Jesus Christ
    I would've lead the sacrifice
    And nailed him to the crucifix
    Infectious imbecility

Jesus is pain
    Jesus is gore
    Jesus is the blood
    That's spilled in war
    He's everything
    He's all things dead
    He's pulling on the trigger
    Pointed at your head

Through fear you're sold into the fraud
    Revelation revolution
    I see through your Christ Illusion

(Lead - King)

The war on terror just drags along
    My war with God is growing strong
    His propaganda sells despair
    And spreads the violence everywhere

Religion is hate
    Religion is fear
    Religion is war
    Religion is rape
    Religion's obscure
    Religion's a whore

There is no fuckin' Jesus Christ
    There never was a sacrifice
    No man upon the crucifix
    Infectious inbecility

(Lead - Hanneman)

• JK666
    JK666

This quote is as appropriate now as when it was originally stated:

Let's not be too tough on our own ignorance. It's the thing that makes America great. If America weren't incomparably ignorant, how could we have tolerated the last eight years?
    -- Frank Zappa, in 1988

JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit