Who on this Board would love to get rid of Organized Religion?

by restrangled 122 Replies latest jw friends

• Twitch
    Twitch

I like the idea. What shall we replace it with? :-0

• erandir
    erandir

I would love it if one day I woke up and all organized religion was gone. That would be wonderful. What a world that would be!

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Is this hypothetical or are you saying that Lenin and Stalin had a good idea?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Girl..You got my vote!...OUTLAW

• White Dove
    White Dove
    It's causing too many problems to last for too long. But others will pop up to take its place.
  • cabasilas
    cabasilas

The more I read this thread, the more it scares me. If I had started a thread: "Who on this Board would love to get rid of Atheists?" I'd be rightly condemned. Granted, organized religion has, at times, failed mankind. Proposing that we should get rid of organized religion is proposing a hate crime, IMO. Stalin and Lenin are not heroes in my book.

• worf
    worf

Organized Religion

Must Be

Terminated.

Worf

• Zico
    Zico

I agree with Cabasilas, it should be noted that every country/society that has attempted to get rid of religion have been some pretty evil empires. I also think it's unfair to ignore the good religion does, yes, it causes a lot of problems, but it helps a lot of people as well.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    I agree with Cabasilas, it should be noted that every country/society that has attempted to get rid of religion have been some pretty evil empires. I also think it's unfair to ignore the good religion does, yes, it causes a lot of problems, but it helps a lot of people as well.

I would prefer to remove the DESIRE for religion. If we fill peoples needs with something more productive, or at least less destructive, than of religion, then organized religion will disapear on its own. I think that is the ideal situation. Remove religion by mutual choice, not by force. Lore - W.W.S.D?

• avengers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit