Who on this Board would love to get rid of Organized Religion?

by restrangled 122 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I respect your view AO (and I am not trying to flame you or anything, just discussing), but if you believe Scripture, I think you will admit that God founded an organized religion.

Burn.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I vote yes, get rid of all of it!

nj

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

If you are gonna do that, then you might as well get rid of organized government.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

I respect your view AO (and I am not trying to flame you or anything, just discussing), but if you believe Scripture, I think you will admit that God founded an organized religion.

Burn.

Flame... burn.... Made me chuckle anyway I know that you are just discussing and not flaming me As far as I am aware, when Christianity hit the shores of England, it could have taken two directions: it could have been the celtic way of God is with you always... or it could have taken the turn that it did - leaving us with Religion. I do admit that God's followers made it into an organised religion. I'm not sure that was the original inent though. I know what helps me to "connect"... and it isn't sitting in a room full of people all vacantly reciting the same prayer and standing and sitting at the correct time. If I could get 20 or 30 like minded people together, we could form an organisation

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I know what helps me to "connect"... and it isn't sitting in a room full of people all vacantly reciting the same prayer and standing and sitting at the correct time. If I could get 20 or 30 like minded people together, we could form an organisation

Can I join?

Burn

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I know what helps me to "connect"... and it isn't sitting in a room full of people all vacantly reciting the same prayer and standing and sitting at the correct time. If I could get 20 or 30 like minded people together, we could form an organisation

Can I join?

Burn

• acadian
    acadian

Hello all! Become the change, You want to see... It first starts inside each and every one of us. Acadian

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Can I join?

Burn

I'll have to put it to the committee at the AGM.

As CEO, I have two votes, so I'll see what I can do for you. (this is the part where you offer me a bribe).

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Brian Houston - We Don't Need Religion

Well I see the people in the balconies on the streets and in their cars
    the party going animals down in the backstreets and the bars saying
    we don't need religion

And I've been a timber jack, been a labourer been a shipyard man and a shirker
    I've been with builders building houses and I heard a million McDonalds workers saying
    We don't need religion
    we don't need religion well we don't need religion but
    we could use the love of God

And I've got false prophets on my TV telling me this union's doomed
    while the spirit filled believers take up the floor space in the room saying
    we don't need religion
    So come all you preachers and you pastors all you priests nuns and scholars
    come on and walk down the road without those robes
    crucifixes and orange collars
    You know we can't bleed religion

Now is it Saturday is it Sunday the fact is I’m never sure
    there’s a Sabbath in there some way why can't we try Yom Kippur you know
    we don't need religion

And while we're all so busy fighting using up God's precious time
    there’s a thousand starving homeless people saying
    buddy can you spare a dime
    You know we can't eat religion
    But we could use the love of God.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I like the idea. What shall we replace it with? :-0 A RELATIONSHIP!!!!! that is what !!!! with the CREATOR not through others thoughts ,but by prayer YOU & HIM!!!!!Whom do you believe Created!!!!???? see I believe it is Jesus .so who am I hurting If I just discuss it with HIM ----- Oh! believe me he checks me out!! I get a slap now & again but I feel his love more often. Hes a real "DADDY" Better than the "mother" I knew in the WT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit