Who on this Board would love to get rid of Organized Religion?

by restrangled 122 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse

imo, organized religion is as essential to human nature as breathing and thinking: it's an internally motivated manifestation of how we interact with each other, and with the universe that we can never fully comprehend.

It becomes evil when the religion controls us, instead of us controlling the religion.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

If I was God, I would.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Who on this Board would love to get rid of Organized Religion?

Imagine there's no heaven
    It's easy if you try
    No hell below us
    Above us only sky
    Imagine all the people
    Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
    It isn't hard to do
    Nothing to kill or die for
    And no religion too
    Imagine all the people
    Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
    But I'm not the only one
    I hope someday you'll join us
    And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
    I wonder if you can
    No need for greed or hunger
    A brotherhood of man
    Imagine all the people
    Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
    But I'm not the only one
    I hope someday you'll join us
    And the world will live as one

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll
    Organized religion is evil!

I agree with PEC.

• onacruse
    onacruse

OTWO (courtesy John Lennon):

And the world will live as one

A beautiful, but imho, unachievable, dream.

As long as there is more than one distinct and coexistent being on this planet (human or animal or otherwise), there will always be conflict and hierarchy (read: religion, politics, and war, winners and losers). That is the nature of life.

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester

Me too! I'm surprised that I don't get more flack for my bumper sticker, which reads,"Don't pray in my school, and I won't think in your church."

I'm all for separation of church and state, although, I'd just love to see the total end of organized religion.

I live in the so-called Bible Belt, and I think that there are even a lot of religious people here who must tend to respect the concept of separation of church and state because I haven't gotten any flack about it, and I've been displaying it for many months.

All these months, and not one provocative honk, glare, or comment.

It's surprising, really, considering all the hullaballoo from the media and religious leaders.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

get rid of all organized religion - people can believe or not believe, but no churches, no ministers, no doctrine, no hierarchy. Religion is evil - maybe not intended that way first, but, frankly it's all evil. Do you remember years ago when the WTBTS used to gloat in the literature about all the religious leaders of Babylon the Great "hanging from the light posts?" Now I think, "you, too, GB, you too."

• restrangled
    restrangled

Yes organized religion is evil...lets look at a small snippet of this ugly problem!

A woman in a burka is raped and considered guilty because she was with a man without a male family member.

She is sentenced to 200 lashes and jail time.....our own President doesn't say a word because he's big friend with the government involved.

This same President is elected based on Evangelical Christian beliefs..just barely..... and proclaims he has a mandate and claims he is making decisions based on what god has told him!

We have Jehovahs Witnesses claiming they are chosen by god, destroying lives with various rules based on an idiot from the late 1800's including medical knowledge on blood, organs, pedophilia. .......not to mention shunning crapola that came from the dark ages and is still practiced.

Just the tip of the iceburg.

It all needs to be stopped.

r.

• PEC
    PEC
    I agree with PEC.

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

be careful what you wish for

Share this

Google+
Pinterest