Hello! Time to introduce myself.....

by Gringa 61 Replies latest jw friends

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

I know I am late in welcoming you, but welcome Gringa, I am so so very sorry for the loss you have suffered. And I hope your search leads you to the answers you seek. (((Hugs)))

• M.J.
    M.J.

So sorry about your loss. Welcome to the forum.

I wish I could help. All I can suggest (you've probably tried this many times) is to go to the "search" function and keep trying phrases or key words unique to what your brother might have mentioned together in one post.

btw, how's it like for a "gringa" to be living in Puerto Vallarta? Or better yet, how does a gringo/a get to live in a sweet spot like Puerto Vallarta?

At one time I was thinking about finding a job in Mexico (through an American company) but my options seemed to include only places in the industrial north (Monterrey, Chihuahua, Hermosillo, etc.).

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Welcome to JWD!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Hello from Australia, and welcome!

• Gringa
    Gringa

Thought I should update this thread, I seem to have let 2 threads on this subject get going -

One of the members suggested trying to log into his account and using the lost password feature so it would be emailed the information to me, since I had been able to hack his 2 email accounts. It appears that he was not registered at this forum. So, this search here for him has ended. But, I have found the forum for myself and I plan to stick around a while. Which I went into more detail on the other thread.

I moved to Mexico 2 and half years ago - needless to say, it has been wonderful, interesting, lonely at times, but I wouldn't trade the experience for anything! I live in a beautiful city where the ocean kisses the mountains. The people are friendly and welcome me with open arms. My Spanish is coming along but I am basically going by the seat of my pants. the Mexicans help me in any way they can and we seem to communicate. There are also a lot of people in this city who are bi-lingual. So, I speak English most of the time.

How did I do it? Well, I just did it! LOL. Once my youngest son graduated from high school, I just packed up a suitcase and went. I had a disability check coming in, not a lot, but didn't need a lot to live here - sold my house in the US, bought my dream home here - so with no house payments and my check, I can live far better here than in the US. Gave up a lot to do this, but I guess, it hasn't been the first time I walked away from a former life. I keep in touch with my family and friends via the internet and a VOIP phone with a US phone number.

I am getting bored again and am thinking of moving along again. I haven't decided where, but I plan to experience this big ol world before I check out. LOL

Thanks for your warm welcomes, your suggestions and your offers of help. It has been overwhelmning to me.......

Gringa

• M.J.
    M.J.

Hey thanks for the response.

Sounds very, very cool. You have no fear of adventure. That's great. Some day when I don't have kids to support I might do the same!

I've heard that the Chapala & Ajijic area was Gringo central...

• Quandry
    Quandry

Just wanted to add my welcome to the forum.

• Gringa
    Gringa

Oh yeah! I visited it once and Lake Chapala & Ajijic are full of Gringos and Canadians. Not my cup of tea, but it is beautiful. It is in the mountains outside of Guadalajara. The temperature is near perfect.

There are lots of Gringos living all over Mexico, and Canadians and Europeans and Australians. My city has people living here from all over the world. My building houses 11 condominiums and here is the breakdown:

2 Canadians, 1 Italian, 1 Venezulan, 2 Mexicans, 4 Americans and a couple from Iran..... interesting to say the least. I love the diversity here. There is a huge population here from Holland - go figure...... why? I have no clue!

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Gringa, there have been many XJW forums over the past decade, and I have been on most of them. Were you able to locate the forum he posted to? I am curious to know if I ever spoke with him before on another forum.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Hello and welcome Gringo (green grows the grass)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit