Hello! Time to introduce myself.....

by Gringa 61 Replies latest jw friends

• sacrebleu
    sacrebleu

Welcome gringa,

I am sorry for your loss. And while any loss is truly personal and no one can "know how you feel" I can sympathize(sp). I lost all three of my brothers to suicide. I was only close to the last one. But each of the deaths diminished my mother and hurt our family.

Two of them had been to Viet Nam which I am sure caused a lot of their pain. But the last one that I was really close to had effects of agent orange, his business was failing and he was heart broken over our other two brothers leaving that way AND the fact that the JWs had torn our family literally right down the middle. Three kids in, three kids out. My poor mom.

That was almost ten years ago. He was a Christian but had so many problems...

Anyway, I refuse to say, "I know just how you feel" because that is so lame. NO one knows how anyone else feels BUT I can try to understand and definitely welcome you here.

sacrebleu

• sacrebleu
  • *summer*
    *summer*

(((gringa)))

what a moving story.

welcome to JWD.

and the best of luck in your search.

*summer*

• Casper
    Casper

Welcome Gringa...

So sorry to hear of your losses...

Sincerely,

Cas

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Welcome Gringa,

Good to have you here. Your brother may be Lee Elder. Check his posts.

Pete

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Hi Gringa and welcome!

Our search, within forum postings, is actually quite powerful as long as they are more than some 100 days old or older. That is probably not a problem in your case. Here is link to a search help.

Next, forgive the redundancy, if you've already tried this. If you have access to your brother's computer there may be a single file on the main drive somewhere where he stored his usernames and passwords. I do on mine and have more than 100 combinations that I've accumulated for online use. Who can remember them all?

My guess is that for JWD he had his username (probably his email address) and password (some 9 characters that are assigned by JWD and, for most people, impossible to memorize) that he probably wrote down somewhere.

In my case I chose a Word file, which is itself, password protected. He may have chosen some other application file.

Without a good disk and file software (like ZtreeWin) it'll be laborious but worth a try. Use Explorer's search key, the F3 key (Search for files and folders).

In the search field place *pass*. You may think of some other string to try if that fails. Perhaps *key*, or *lock*, would be candidates.

Look in: MyComputer

That will search all his fixed disks.

Click on Advanced Options. Then make sure "Search Subfolders" is checked.

This will produce a list, hopefully not too long. You'll find files like password, passive, FrictionTopAssy, etc.

Then you can try to open ones that you think looks promising Assuming he created one, he may not have password protected it like I did mine.

Wishing you the best,
    Len Miller

• horrible life
    horrible life

Welcome Gringa! I am glad you are here. If Bigmouth isn't right about Lee Elder, Please come back, and maybe give us some more insights to your beloved brother, and we will get a search party out, I am free all evening to look. Welcome again

H/L but getting better

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Gringa, I went back over some of Lee Elders posts, and surprisingly he hasnt posted here since March of this year, so perhaps it could be him.

Does/did anyone here know Lee Elder personally?

I did find some clues that could help.

Lee Elder was married and had a family in the early 1980's, he was still married as of 2002 and maybe even longer.

He mentioned in one of his posts that he was asked to officiate a non-jw wedding ceremony for a relative, and he had to get ordination from a mail order church, does this ring any bells?

Im guessing he would be about in his early 50's now, but not set in stone either.

Let me know if these clues help.

• Gringa
    Gringa

Hey everyone!

Thanks for the warm welcome! I am happy to have found you all. We have a lot in common!

I haven't started the search here yet - I have searched his computer - I was able to "hack" his hotmail and aol accounts and found nothing of use there. He was very active in the medical mj purpose and kept NOTHING of interest on his computer and deleted all emails after he read them. He had a lot of run-ins with the powers that be.

I am more interested in an user name so I can just search all posts by him. I will check out Lee Elder - he had no children - but it is possibly him. I have a number of possibilities to try as far as a user name which I plan on doing tomorrow when I have more time. It is football for me today -

So many stories - what a life we had/are having - as my oldest brother said once, we had the most disfunctional family on earth. I would have liked to debate him on that as I think there were/are worse, but what does it matter? I think I have my head on pretty frickin' straight. I may drink too much, but hey, I aint hurtin' no body........ so, it really doesn't matter!!!

Take care, and love to all from south of the US border, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico....

adios and hasta manana!

Love,

Gringa

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Hello Gringa.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit