Okay, I inferred the questions.

BA- Peace to you too, bro.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

nvrgnbk,

BA- Next question?

I didn't ask a question.

LOL!

lol....This guy is something else is he not? Reminds me of the snotty-nosed kid kicked out of the pub by the bouncers for being an arse and after getting launched in an arc that lands him twenty-five feet from the door, picks himself up from the puddle and shouts at them, "I was leaving anyway".

BA,

Hillary exposed, and can't come to grips with it, is more like it.

Yeah sure...lol. Wallow in your self-delusions if that is what you need to do to keep going, it is of no consequence to me. Why let the truth interfere with your Mad Hatteresque daydreams. ;) Your biggest problem is that your posts are there for everyone to read.

Shaking head....again.

HS

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

HS,

As I've stated before, internet tough guy, you would never get away with your disrespectful comments in real life, and you know it.

What comes around goes around.

What a man is sowing, this he shall also reap.

Some call it "Karma".

BA Truest words ever spoken. Count on it.

PS- I shake my head as well, at how you are allowed out of your padded cell, off your meds, and allowed on the internet.

• Twitch
    Twitch

:) lol

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Are you D'Souza? If you are, why do you refer to yourself in the third person, and if not WTF are you posting this crap for?

SickofLies, your post is so incoherent I am not even going to dignify it with an answer. Go back and read it again and follow the link.

Cheers,

Burn

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Can you name one good act that person of faith or religion has or could perform that an atheists could not.

Thats why there are so many Atheist hospitals and charities!!

/sarcasm

Facts:

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Can you name one good act that person of faith or religion has or could perform that an atheists could not.

I really hope I am not beating this one to death, but here is some more info:

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Brother Apostate:

Easy. Put faith in God and ask in faith that His will be done, or any other request made through faith in prayer.

What's good about that? A good act is one that benefits somebody. Begging an imaginary entity to do what you believe he already intends to do has never helped anyone.

Can you name one bad act that a religious person could perform, that a person who did not share their faith could not.

No. The blood transfusion example you proposed does not make sense, as there are many both religious and non-religious who might refuse it on the grounds that they might contract a disease such as hepatitus, HIV, dengue fever, malaria, etc, etc, etc.

That is fundamentally different from threatening eternal damnation to those who accept a transfusion. There's no question that people can make poor decisions for non-religious reasons but they usually don't attempt to impose those stupid decisions on others.

Faith is necessary for salvation.

What nonsense! Faith in what? Salvation from what? I'm guessing the answer to both those questions is your imaginary invisible sky-daddy. If you believe in him, he'll save you from himself torturing you forever, right?

In our fallen human state, in all things, we must accept the good with the bad.

Another problem with religion, just accepting the bad instead of trying to improve it.

However, there is only one Almighty God.

And you just happen to have picked the right one, of course.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

And you just happen to have picked the right one, of course.

FunkyDerek, don't get hooked on a name. There are many names for the Ultimate Reality -God, Jehovah, Yahweh, Jesus, Allah, etc. They are all trying to refer to the same thing. Some things are too great to be named. The Jews simply call it HaShem-"the name". We perceive the numinous in different ways and see different aspects of it. It can often depend on our cultural context.

It was six men of Hindustan
    To learning much inclined,
    Who went to see the Elephant
    (Though all of them were blind)
    That each by observation
    Might satisfy the mind.

The first approached the Elephant
    And happening to fall
    Against his broad and sturdy side
    At once began to bawl:
    "Bless me, it seems the Elephant
    Is very like a wall".

The second, feeling of his tusk,
    Cried, "Ho! What have we here
    So very round and smooth and sharp?
    To me 'tis mighty clear
    This wonder of an Elephant
    Is very like a spear".

The third approached the animal,
    And happening to take
    The squirming trunk within his hands,
    Then boldly up and spake:
    "I see," quoth he, "the Elephant
    Is very like a snake."

The Fourth reached out an eager hand,
    And felt about the knee.
    "What most this wondrous beast is like
    Is mighty plain," quoth he;
    "'Tis clear enough the Elephant
    Is very like a tree!"

The Fifth, who chanced to touch the ear,
    Said: "E'en the blindest man
    Can tell what this resembles most;
    Deny the fact who can,
    This marvel of an Elephant
    Is very like a fan!"

The Sixth no sooner had begun
    About the beast to grope,
    Than, seizing on the swinging tail
    That fell within his scope,
    "I see," quoth he, "the Elephant
    Is very like a rope!"

And so these men of Hindustan
    Disputed loud and long,
    Each in his own opinion
    Exceeding stiff and strong,
    Though each was partly in the right
    And all were in the wrong.

So oft in theologic wars,
    The disputants, I ween,
    Rail on in utter ignorance
    Of what each other mean,
    And prate about an Elephant
    Not one of them has seen!

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

BurnTheShips:

FunkyDerek, don't get hooked on a name. There are many names for the Ultimate Reality -God, Jehovah, Yahweh, Jesus, Allah, etc. They are all trying to refer to the same thing.

Agreed. They are all various incarnations of the war god who became the god of the Jews and then in somewhat altered forms, of the Christians and the Muslims. Similarly, Santa Claus, Sinterklaas, Father Christmas and Saint Nicholas all refer to the same mythological character (although based on one or more real people) even though they may have different characteristics in different cultures. However, the Easter Bunny is not the same character as Santa Claus, despite sharing some characteristics. Similarly, Vishnu is not the same deity as YHWH/Jesus/Allah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit