are we inactive or what?

by inactive? 252 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• inactive?
    inactive?

not rural.. in Colorado Springs,, but there is a lot of ,,,things going on here. and being loose with the keys is just one of them..

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I am in an extremely rural area.........I have 3 counties of territory!

You realize you answered my question posed to inactive??

LOL!

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

nvr...i am supposed to be eating lunch..but I have to respond to the key situation.

Every congo is different. "Officially" .,...Borg rules...only elders, MS, and regular pioneers are supposed to have a key. Some congos stretch that and give a key to an aux pio during the month(s) they pioneer. Other congos ignore the rules completely and hand out keys to whomever they want...such seems to be the case in inactive?'s congo...

Real life example from my own experience: when I was a new elder, I was assigned the task of fixing some problems...problems with the thermostat, problems with the keys, problems with the alarm system..little things they knew I would get fixed promptly. There were too many keys out and some elders in both congos that met in the KH wanted it brought under control.

I had the locks rekeyed. I had keys made that were stamped "DO NOT DUPLICATE" (except the master key, kept in the operating congos file)...the keys were all numbered. So as not to offend anyone (silly, right!), I gave key #1 to the CO who had an apartment on the KH. then I gave all the even number keys to one congo, and odd number keys to the other. Our congo kept a list of who had keys and what number they had. Only elders, MS and reg pios got keys. The other congo? as soon as i gave the envelope to the PO..an old timer in his 70s...he started handing out keys like they were trick or treat handouts to all his friends in their congo... so what the hell was the point of the whole excercise if he just undermined it? I BLEW A GASKET WHEN I SEEN THAT....but none of the spineless elders in my congo or his would confront him..he does what he wants and still does what he wants and has for 40 years and will until the day he dies.

See the point...I am not at all surprised that inactive?'s husband was allowed to keep his key. I seen this all the time. An elder/MS removed..allowed to keep the key "for old times sake"..part of the "good 'ol boy network"...when any good security expert will tell you that as soon as an employee is terminated...you change the lock/deactivate their pass cards/change the alarm codes....hell...the alarm code at my old congo is stilll....anyone want to guess.......1914! (I had once changed it to 1975, but no one seen the humor of it and changed it back ) The CO apartment code? 4191....thats original....no one will think of that!!!! how many congos do you think use 1914 as their alarm code? Pretty sure the assembly hall nearby still has 1914 as the code.

So...dont look for Trevors where none exists...okay?

Snakes ()

• inactive?
    inactive?

You know, OnTheWayOut, for one who is supposedly taking me at face value, you sure are making a lot of judgement calls, sounding a lot like my elders. Why is it so beyond all of you who are supposedly 'out of the truth' and that say so many horror stories about the truth, why is it hard for you to accept mine? Maybe some of you are right, i am in the wrong place and should go running back and 'confess' my sins,, if they tell me what they were, i would.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

So...dont look for Trevors where none exists...okay?

You got the wrong guy, snakes.

And the wrong idea.

But thanks for the correction.

• eclipse
    eclipse

The elders have only as much power over you as you allow.

Consider this a blessing.

Serve god in the way you know how, read other bibles, have a happy family life, and enjoy your daughter.

your freedom is up to you to grasp a hold of.

This religion has nothing but bars and bricked up windows.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm taking inactive at face value...for what it's worth...

• yknot
    yknot

Inactive?

What do you think you and your husband want to do?

What are yall contemplating?

How can we at JWD help?

God Bless

• Gill
    Gill

Inactive! hang on in there! I've seen some proper horror stories take place in Kingdom Hall so it is not a far stretch of the imagination to believe your story of what has happened to you.

It is natural for people to want to try to work out why something has happened to someone. Doesn't necessarily mean they don't believe you but that they want the full picture to understand the whole story!

• willyloman
    willyloman

So far only one post, by OnTheWayOut, even comes close to seeing this whole thing for what it is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit