are we inactive or what?

by inactive? 252 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Jehovah has left the building.

• unique1
    unique1

None of the faithful men of old needed an organization of imperfect men to lead them and neither do you. Serve God on your own. Even the witnesses will admit that there was no organization between the first century and the JW's beginning, there were just faithful ones. Consider yourself a faithful one serving alone. There is nothing wrong with that.

As far as your daughter goes, I know I didn't contact my parents much because I didn't want to HEAR it. Didn't want to be lectured on my choice in a husband or my choice to leave the organization. Think about whether or not such conversations take place nearly everytime she is around or not. If so, invite her and the hubby/boyfriend over for dinner and tell her you are happy for her as long as she is happy and leave it at that. This will probably lead to a repair in the relationship. There is nothing worse for a kid than to realize that your parents chose a manmade organization over their child, or at least that is how I feel and think she may be getting the same vibe.

Best wishes and I hope you can make friends outside the hall soon!!

• inactive?
    inactive?

Well, the story has a lot of holes for me too. As for having answers such as we were told we cannot write to the Society, realize we have been dealing with this for over 2 years. By the way, we went to the CO.. yeah I know, another answer... 2 years ago and he said we need to not question them, then the elders later tore into us for telling on them. Was hoping for a sheparding visit from the new CO, but not happen.. I thought that is one of the things the CO did. There is more things they did, I just touched on the main ones hoping to understand because a lot of it seems so petty. I am not a 'troll' or whatever, I am a real person with a real problem and trying to be as up front as possible. I cannot believe these elders have nothing better to do. I do know the cong. is getting smaller by the attendance numbers on the board and lack of donations on their report,,, is that Jehovah dealing with the problem and I was not patient enough? I am also trying really hard not to take things here to personally. But I am getting much the same feedback,, people just do not believe it could happen. I am appreciating everyones input tho, it seems to be what I need right now.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am sorry, but all I can say is this:

If the C.O. spoke to you, you must truly know what the problem is and are withholding information from us.
    He couldn't possibly allow such a situation to exist without giving an explanation.

Tell us what you are holding back. If you are not holding back, then get out of that weird religion- RUN.

By the way, we went to the CO.. yeah I know, another answer...

You are compounding the problem anytime a suggestion is made. Start all over again and tell us
    what they have against you. Otherwise, stop cleaning the hall, going to the hall, getting literature,
    believing any of their crap. So, yeah, another answer.

Does this poster know Trevor?

• inactive?
    inactive?

I honestly do not know why these things are being done, there is nothing I am with holding. So it is not possible that the CO just sided with the elders? I know no Trevor, this is first time here, or on any web site like this,, yeah i am avoiding the apostate word.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    then get out of that weird religion- RUN
  • BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I've read this entire thread and I agree that there are a lot of holes in your story. Do you mean to say that you've never been given a straight answer to WHY you are being treated this way? It seems that you are left to assume that it is solely because of your daughter's DFing. Aside from that, you and hubby sound like the ideal JWs - obedient doormats.

You paint a picture of a rampant conspiracy against you by the elders and JWs in surrounding congregations. Yet your patience with them reeks of either martyrdom or masochism. You see our problem with your story? It is partly that the elders' behavior is unbelievably despicable and partly that your acceptance of it is near unbelievable as well.

If your story is for real, my heart goes out to you. But my brain is going to wait and see.

You said:

I don't know, maybe they see something wrong with us we do not see and do not get.

You may have something there, but if so, we can't possibly know without more information. For example, do you require more than average accomodation to be part of a congregation?

• inactive?
    inactive?

Well the reason we have 'put up with it so long' is not martyrdom, but been trying to get answers. At first we tried to be good little JW's, then when things escalated we tried to find answers. But I guess it does sound like we are saying all are out to get us, sure feels that way. I appreciate your input, sure is giving me a lot to consider. By the way, what do you mean 'more than the usual accomidations'?

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

If you really believe there is a Jehovah , maybe he trying to give you a clue that this is not his organization. Get out, run take care of you daughter and be a part of her life. Especially now when she needs you.

nj

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

Hmm... Weird stuff. I've heard of elders losing their privilege for a while because their kids have done something wrong, but...

I know this'll sound pretty much as weird as your story does, but it sounds to me like you were not told to step down as pioneers in that meeting, but instead they thought you 'voluntarily' dissociated yourselves. "Stepped down" from being JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit