are we inactive or what?

by inactive? 252 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• inactive?
    inactive?

isnt it more important to be one of Jehovahs people,,,wasnt the society just a place to print bibles? and talk is the way we 'reason together' i have tried to get that,,trying to do as much as i can to work things out..i have to answer to Jehovah, so do the elders..i am just trying to keep my standing before Jehovah..the elders have to keep theirs....before Jehovah...not a society...wow, i almost cannot believe i said that

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

inactive?:

wasnt the society just a place to print bibles

there you go....thats what it was supposed to be....and if it had stuck to that, none of us would have a problem...

i have to answer to Jehovah, so do the elders..i am just trying to keep my standing before Jehovah..the elders have to keep theirs....before Jehovah...not a society..

yep..you dont need a bunch of old goats in the ivory tower in Brooklyn to mediate between you and God..presuming there is a god and presuming you need anyone at all to "mediate". how about just worshiping the creator in whatever way you are comfortable with? obviously you are not comfortable with the dub version of worship...

hang around...and dont be afraid to post on other topics becasue that gives us a more rounded out view of who inactive is....you have my email.

Snakes ()

• ninja
    ninja

inactive.....dont worry....you've overstepped the mark by putting jehovah before the society....but there is a way out.....just kiss the ass of the idol named....charles homer rutherford....you'll be fine.......just count your lips after you kiss them.....they were conmen....so you never know

• ninja
    ninja

sniff sniff

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

inactive?: I think you are coming to some realizations. "This is not what Jehovah would want". You need to keep your standing in front of Jehovah, not some earthly organization.

At what I am guessing to be your stage in life, it will be difficult to start a new social circle and establish new friendships - but certainly in your current predicament you have no current circle of friendships, so it's not that big a loss. It's just that last hurdle: realizing you're leaving what has been your spiritual home - no matter that thieves have broken in and ruined the place.

God would never treat you like this. God's people would never treat you like this.

No one can interfere with your relationship with Jehovah. That is inside you. Your relationship with God is yours alone.

Treat yourself as you know Jehovah would treat you. Protect yourself from this toxic relationship.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I try very hard to be understanding.

I thought of one way this might be logical in the eyes of the elders
    (other than their thinking Inactive is crazy/might go postal).

If Inactive and the family live on Kingdom Hall property, and they don't
    have a legal right to get rid of them, they wish they would leave. They
    are expected to clean the hall as part of their agreement to live there.

Still, that's an important detail that should have been mentioned and
    falls within the things I said.

I am trying, Inactive.

• Rosalee
    Rosalee

I just reread inactive's first post.

She is either a) having a good laugh at the commotion she caused here ..

or b) ... her elevator doesn't reach the top floor.

• inactive?
    inactive?

Thank you Snakes,, i am beginning to think i am not crazy after all,, contrary to some postings on here. I have done a lot of reading of the Bible (like a good little JW, at least once a year) and of course i study the publications to(when i was getting them) but I always knew the Bible is the 'rule book' and the publications were to help me find scriptures on certain topics,, and they did,, but never did i think the publications were a replacement for the 'rule book' ,, if it is not in the 'rule book' it ain't so.

Void,, yes i am coming to some very harsh realizations, and growths, and it is hard in my 'stage of life' to start from scratch with friendships, but in the end,, we will only have Jehovah to rely on,, not people,, and that includes fellow believers,, this may be what our tribulation really is,, to stand individually alone before Jehovah,, I also have been feeling 'the love of the great number cooling off' is not the world,, they are already cold, but rather those within congregations who are not truly standing before Jehovah,, you can only fake that so long,, and I have enough to stand before Jehovah for without adding to it,,and that is where i am,,,i am beginning to feel for the elders,, they have to stand before Jehovah for any they my have treated poorly or lorded it over on,,,I am glad i only have to answer for me...wow where is all this coming from?

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

rosalee:

I just reread inactive's first post. She is either a) having a good laugh at the commotion she caused here .. or b) ... her elevator doesn't reach the top floor.

why? why do persistently attack people? I have lots of things I could call you, but that just brings me down to your level.

If inactive is having a good laugh..well, at least some of us can still say that we are good caring people by reaching out. All your comment says about you is: rosalee is an unkind individual that will say whatever she wishes under the anonymity of the internet...I wonder if you would be so bold in person and say this to inactive?

Go ahead, attack me. I am sure I am your next target. I am used to your blatherings. But if you do, then you get whatever you deserve in return, be it from me or others.

Snakes ()

• Gopher
    Gopher

Rosalee -- IMO you're just upset that she doesn't hew to the JW ideology any more.

Inactive -- as far as "love cooling off" being among JW's, I actually heard JW's talking about that 25 years ago!! I really think JW's talk a good game (about love) but have no idea about how to do it. Some of them are really good people, but they didn't learn it from being JW.

As far as feeling sorry for the elders, I'd recommend saving your sympathy for people who really are disadvantaged in this world. Some elders are kind and loving, but many others are "alpha male" dominators who enjoy their power trip. I feel no empathy for them. Over the years I've seen lots of "kind/loving" elders drop by the wayside, unable to put up with the harshness in the elder body.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit