Do you wash your hands after using the restroom?

by John Doe 110 Replies latest jw friends

• Gregor
    Gregor

I've heard there is a custom among certain people to not use the left hand to eat with because they use the left hand to wipe with. Someone needs to tell them about TP.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Gregor.....

I've heard there is a custom among certain people to not use the left hand to eat with because they use the left hand to wipe with. Someone needs to tell them about TP.
    The germs go right through the TP r.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Now you tell me!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    The hot water must run for 30 seconds with liquid soap being used.

Common myth.

Hot or warm water for washing hands is good because it makes the task more comfortable. It also may improve the effectiveness of the soap or cleanser as a solvent. But at temperatures that will not cause great discomfort or possibly burns, there is no killing of germs taking place.

• flipper
    flipper

Interesting subject....question - It IS ok to pee in a hot tub full of people, isn't it? Mrs. Flipper

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Who even invented having guys stand at a stall next to eachother? Not literally who, but why?

It's better than facing each other.

W

• horrible life
    horrible life

John, see what you started.

wash your hands
    bath or shower
    soap only, or washcloth
    toilet paper, or corn cob
    It was HIM!!! It is JOHN DOE's fault.

• Mary
    Mary
    Here's my question. Would it be appropriate of me to come up to the guys after they leave the toilet and remind them that they forgot to wash their hands, preferably in front of their girls?

You could, but you risk getting your face punched in if you say it to the wrong guy. Even so, I applaud you or anyone who takes the step to do this, no matter how uncomfortable. I've done it myself on occassion. I notice that ALOT of women (the students in particular) are not washing their hands when they come out of the stall but they'll stand there in front of the mirror for 10 minutes making sure their hair and make up are perfect. This disgusts me to no end and I have said something a couple of times in a tactful manner (shocker there eh?), when in reality I feel like asking them "were you raised in a barn?!"

The reason I don't mind saying something is because these girls all have to grab the bathroom door when they exit the washroom; so do I. If they haven't washed their hands, then I have to touch the same handle that they do and this of course, is how germs and diseases are spread.

I finally put up a couple of signs in the washroom, telling them to wash their hand and stop spreading diseases. I actually think it may have helped as I've noticed most girls washing their hands now.

• BrentR
    BrentR

keyboards 3,295 germs per square inch

Toilets 49 germs per square inch.

http://www.enquirer.com/editions/2004/05/10/tem_tem1germ.html

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth
    Yes, I do everytime, I even put the dry paper towel to open the bathroom door.

Same here. I've taught my children and now my little granddaughter to do the same.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit