Do you wash your hands after using the restroom?

by John Doe 110 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

I've noticed a disturbing trend where 90% of guys don't wash their hands after using the restroom, and probably 25% don't even after number two'ing. Encouragingly, about 80% of the guys in law school do wash their hands. (I know it's weird, but I count)

Here's my question. Would it be appropriate of me to come up to the guys after they leave the toilet and remind them that they forgot to wash their hands, preferably in front of their girls?

• horrible life
    horrible life

I wouldn't want to say anything, unless you want to be surprised in a dark alley one night. I would however, put up some signs, inside the stalls, on the mirrors, and on the door, that other people see, that you didn't wash your hands.

I can't imagine going, and not washing. Especially in a public bathroom. I go out of my way to not touch anything. (handles, knobs, etc...) I know one day, my foot, is going to miss the handle, and its going to land in the toilet.

I just thought about this. What am I going to do, as I get older, when I can't hike my leg high enough to flush with my foot????

• John Doe
    John Doe

The look on the guy's face would be funnier than hell though, as he's standing there next to his girl or mother or whatever. ;-) I'm not afraid of dark alleys hortensia. ;-)

• Priest73
    Priest73

Umm. I do 100% of the time.

• John Doe
    John Doe

And besides, how could he be upset if I did in a "helpful," neighborly way? You know "Hey fella, I know the sink was broken last week, but they've got it fixed so you wash your hands now, and I know you want to be clean." he he he

• horrible life
    horrible life
    I'm not afraid of dark alleys hortensia. ;-)

Story Alert (sorry John) you caused it

My ex-husband was trying to get me out of bed one morning. I had to get up before him. XXX wake up. XXX Wake up. XXX wake up. XXX wake up. Nancy wake up. My name ain't Nancy. I got up!!! I knew he was having an affair with her! Well that confirmed it. I didn't come home that night, and only came home long enough to save some money, and I left. Guess who he is married to. Nancy.

Sorry Hortensia. It was a compliment, but ......

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

Yes, I do everytime, I even put the dry paper towel to open the bathroom door.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Incidentally, I saw a study that concluded that the average bathroom door handle is several times more sanitary than the average computer keyboard. Reason is because bathrooms are cleaned several times a day--keyboards maybe once a week. ;-)

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

yes, always.

Would it be appropriate of me to come up to the guys after they leave the toilet and remind them that they forgot to wash their hands, preferably in front of their girls?

I'm not sure about "appropriate" or not. But you would be well within your rights. He's touching public doorknobs and handling other peoples stuff, possibly shaking peoples hands, and polluting any money he touches.

Icky, but it's really not dangerous. I'd ignore it.

Make sure you use a paper towel to open the door. (Or flush the toilet if you can't reach it with your foot.)

Lore - W.W.S.D?

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Every single time.

Horrible Life wrote: What am I going to do, as I get older, when I can't hike my leg high enough to flush with my foot????

Same as I did last year when I tore up my knee: Use a fresh piece of toiletpaper.

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit