SO MUCH FOR PREVIOUS TRADITIONAL MORALS

by REBORNAGAIN 78 Replies latest jw friends

• Kudra
    Kudra

Oh My GOd.

And at summer they allow HETEROSEXUAL camp leaders to FREELY roam amongst female campers...

:-O

AND at my public school, we had HETEROSEXUAL MALE teachers.

You know there is a place for heterosexuals and it certainly isn't in the public school system.

Is the initial post as ignorant as it sounds...? Please tell me I've somehow misunderstood it...

Some folks would be just more comfortable in like, 1694.

-K

• changeling
    changeling

So much for "the city of brotherly love."

changeling

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I have three of my children in scouts (two in boyscouts and one in girlscouts). Every year when our memberships are renewed, the parents who are participating have to fill out background checks. In girlscouts men (fathers) cannot participate unless they have filled out the forms to become Do-Dads. When I went with my daughter's troop to their Spring Camperee, there were Do-Dads there but they stayed with their daughters' troops.

As far as the homosexual issue, I don't know if there are any in my sons' troop or pack. All of the men who are leaders in both of sons' troop/pack are fathers, have sons involved and are married to women. Not saying that a homosexual couldn't have a son in the troop/pack, I just haven't seen that here in Indiana.

Josie

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The Supreme Court ruled in 2000 that the scouts, as a private group, have a First Amendment right to bar homosexuals from membership. Philadelphia officials, in an effort to appease the homosexual activists, began searching for a way to punish the scouts. The rent increase was the vehicle to do that.

The Cradle of Liberty Council serves about 64,000 scouts in Philadelphia and its suburbs.

True, however it is against federal law for public money or resources to be granted to groups known to violate federal non-discrimination laws.

If the boy scouts want to discriminate against homosexuals and atheists, they will have to give up all rights to get government money.

This is not a punishment, its just a simple fact that the government, by law, is forbidden to support hate groups. Sounds like a good idea to me!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    All of the men who are leaders in both of sons' troop/pack are fathers, have sons involved and are married to women.

Does that preclude them from being potential pedophiles?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Don't be silly, of course it doesn't, I was only relating the make up of my sons' troop/pack.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Well so this is the thread that was referred to in the Dumbledore thread. Wow. Reborn all that was accomplished by keeping gay males out of the boy scouts was to keep the access for those who truly are predaters. About 99% of all pedophiles that pray on young boys are heterosexual males, many of them married. The vast majority of gay men are not attracted to boys and that has nothing to do with proximity or access.

This is incredible that this stereotype is still being spread.

**shakes head sadly**

Sherry

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Children aren't safe anywhere...the best you can do is educate your kids so that they are aware and keep your own eyes open.

• jaguarbass
  • nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Don't be silly, of course it doesn't, I was only relating the make up of my sons' troop/pack.

Thanks for the eye-roll, Josie.

I love you too.

I'm glad you didn't take my question personally.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit