SO MUCH FOR PREVIOUS TRADITIONAL MORALS

by REBORNAGAIN 78 Replies latest jw friends

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester

Good for the city of brotherly love! Long live scouting - for girls and boys and gays!

• tonic
    tonic

For what it's worth, I'm gay and in NYC..so I'm surrounded by gay men. I've never even ONCE heard anyone alude to being attracted to children, adolescents, etc... not even jokingly. Being a gay man means being attracted to MEN not children. And as was correctly said, the majority of pedophiles are straight men. Pedophilia generally is about power, not natural sexual attraction.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    You never know what ideas would pop into the human mind if the circumstances permit.

Im sorry, I didnt see any response the this inane comment.

FFM, wouldnt this apply to hetero men as well? And women too? Therefore if I understand you, schools should be closed, parents should be watched with their children at all times, and the boyscouts should be disbanded?

Thank you.

• tonic
    tonic

Journey-on, I think that a child seeing gay men being affectionate (not inappropriately) would introduce them to reality and tolerance. Believe me, NOTHING can make you gay or straight. Otherwise, considering all the things I tried, I'd be straight as an arrow. I have a friend who explained to her five year old that "some princes like princesses, some princes like other princes, and some princesses like other princesses" that's just acknowledging fact. Of course, some princes just find frogs.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

REBORNAGAIN wrote:

AFA, they are against anything that is Anti-Christian. There are a lot of people in this world pro and contra to the Gay lifestyle.

Sorry I don't know which AFA you are referring to. AFA could be Air Force Association, Air Flight Attendants, Action For AIDS, American Family Association --- who are for Christianity. But I do know that even some Christian religions are inclusive of gays and understand that homosexuals are interested in relationships with adults --- they are not interested in sex with children. I applaud the inclusive type of christianity.

I know gay people who are among the most caring and sensitive people on the planet. They are highly principled and have absolutely no desire to engage in sex with children. I would trust them with my children --- or my life --- for that matter.

Beautiful souls . . .

ESTEE

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester

J-O,

I believe there have been a few good studies on gay parenting that might illuminate the issue for you.

What I recall is that many kids of homosexual parents turn out to be better adjusted than most kids from straight families; and that there is little if any role confusion resulting from healthy, loving partnerships like this - either gay or lesbian.

Inappropriately exposing kids to any sexual behavior, though, is surely damaging, whether the sex is hetero- or homo- or bi-. Kids ususally don't confuse sex with affection unless their parents are really screwed up or someone is abusing them.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Sorry journey-on.

I've been to a "gay" bar in NYC with a poster on here.

It was interesting.

It was educational.

It actually helped me to shed some stereotypical concepts I was carrying around.

Actually saw some hot ladies...yes...they were really ladies.

I left there as straight as I went in.

To say that children learn either heterosexuality or homosexuality from what they see adults do is, in my opinion, to ignore reality.

If you're talking about exposing small children to erotic images that may be different.

But that's not what's being discussed.

But to simply see a gay or lesbian adult in a public setting does not to my knowledge stir feelings of same-sex attraction if they are not there to begin with.

BFD, I think REBORNAGAIN has done alot of growing just since she posted this topic.

Thanks for your very logical comment, IP_SEC.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Then let me ask this:

Nvr (or anyone else that can help me) -- Would you allow your 6-year old son or grandson to spend a 2-wk vacation with "Uncle Bill and Aunt Jack"

knowing that they are openly very affectionate with each other? Would you have any concerns whatsoever allowing that little boy to go off with them

for this period of time? It's not about turning someone gay. It's about psychologically confusing a little child. Should the exposure be postponed till

he's older?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Would you allow your 6-year old son or grandson to spend a 2-wk vacation with "Uncle Bill and Aunt Jack"

knowing that they are openly very affectionate with each other?

First, being openly very affectionate is a subjective thing.

Second, no, nor with Uncle Bill and Aunt Jacqueline. The sexual ori has nothing to do with it.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    Second, no, nor with Uncle Bill and Aunt Jacqueline.

??? I don't get it? A 2-wk trek cross country sight-seeing with family members?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit